SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you know how you sometimes go on to Gun Broker and bid on something then kinda forget it because you know you bid to low for it to actually win?

Well it seems sometimes you win those....

So I am now the proud owner of a P225 Classic Carry for the low, low cost of $655. So I am kinda ok with it even though I really wanted an A1.

So my question is what are the main differences. From what I can tell;

- White lines on the side of the slide
- Sig logo on the top of the slide
- Different grips

Anything else?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Iäm not sure if the standard P225A1 comes with a SRT or not. That would be another possible difference from standard to Classic Carry.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iäm not sure if the standard P225A1 comes with a SRT or not. That would be another possible difference from standard to Classic Carry.
I believe they both do. However, the A1 may come with the short reach trigger, which is a problem for me.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Model: P225A Classic Carry
Barrel Length: 3.6"
Overall Length: 6.9"
Magazine Capacity: 8 Rounds (3 Magazines)
Frame Finish: Black Hard-Coat Alloy
Slide Finish: Nitron Stainless Steel
Grips: G-10
Action: DA/SA
Sights: Night Sights
Features: Single Stack Magazine; DA/SA; Short Reset Trigger

I am not seeing on the Sig web site that the A1 has SRT but I am pretty sure it does. It comes with one less mag, which I find odd.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have zero concerns! I too have just purchased a P225A Classic Carry from gunbroker. It is the exact same firearm as the P225-A1. Different looks. It has the SRT, the undercut trigger guard, G10 grips, 3 magazines, and night sights. The P225A Classic Carry was one of Sig's many off the cuff specialty items sent to a particular buyers group but is all but the same as the P225-A1. I shoot this pistol better than my P226 Extreme and my P226 Legion. You are going to love your new Sig. FYI - I paid $749 so you got a steal!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh and the lines on the slide, logo, and grips are more gray than white. Looks awesome! I really can not stress how great a pistol you just purchased! It is the A1 just more unique.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,263 Posts
RatBikeRod, congratulations on finally getting a "single stack" Sig! I know you will love it!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Agreed! It's my favorite of all Sigs that I've owned.
The Classic is the same gun, just different appearance.
I think that because of the different appearance, and because of the lines, it hasn't been as popular. I've seen them for lower prices than the other two versions.

Reactions: Penna shooter

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I do think getting it for the price I did makes it a great purchase. Was really a fluke. I never expected that bid to stand.

Pretty happy and looking forward to getting it in hand and on the range.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice work, I would have jumped all over that had I seen it! I paid $700 shipped for mine on GB last year for the standard 225a1 model and you get night sites and a 3rd mag. The classic carry is a TALO version (also available in 226 and 229). It's been mentioned before but aside from the grips and the grey stripe/logo there are no differences between the classic carry and the standard 225a1 variants but the classic carry does come with a 3rd mag. All 225a1's have SRT and none have short reach trigger.

I am curious to hear what mainspring it has in it, my 225a1 came with the red mainspring but it has the smoothest DA trigger of any gun I own.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice work, I would have jumped all over that had I seen it! I paid $700 shipped for mine on GB last year for the standard 225a1 model and you get night sites and a 3rd mag. The classic carry is a TALO version (also available in 226 and 229). It's been mentioned before but aside from the grips and the grey stripe/logo there are no differences between the classic carry and the standard 225a1 variants but the classic carry does come with a 3rd mag. All 225a1's have SRT and none have short reach trigger.

I am curious to hear what mainspring it has in it, my 225a1 came with the red mainspring but it has the smoothest DA trigger of any gun I own.
I will let you know as soon as it shows up. :cool:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Picked up the P225A Classic Carry today and was immediately impressed. This may be one of the best handling Sig's I have picked up. It is nice and thin and is a very natural pointer. I was hoping to hit the range with it today but was not able to. Will have to wait till the weekend.

However, I wanted to post some comparative pictures.

From a handling standpoint (fully loaded) here is how these feel. This is subjective, but I am pretty confident that the P225 and P320 are pretty close in weight from a handling standpoint. Both are fantastic from a handling standpoint. I am not sure which I would say I am most fond of yet.

Even with the shorter slide on my P229c it still handles much heavier (top heavy) than either of these guns and I would throw my P228 in there as well. Between them all, the P229c is a very nice gun but a bit of a pig from a handling standpoint. I still love it, but it is just quite top heavy and with a full mag wags about a bit.

However, as you can see the P225A and the P229c are effectively the same gun just single stack vs double stack.

I am very happy I was able to score this gun. Even without firing it yet, I like it quite a lot.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will say one more thing. Someone here with the skills needs to fix those mags and offer a 9 round modified version of the stock 8 round mags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.