SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Just a quick question about my p225-a1. Just wondering if it is normal for the magazine to not fully seat. My m11-a1 has no play at all when I put the magazine in but on the 225 there is a little play, like maybe a 16th of an inch.

Thanks,
Ken

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,998 Posts
Which Way is the Play?

Hello everyone,
Just a quick question about my p225-a1. Just wondering if it is normal for the magazine to not fully seat. My m11-a1 has no play at all when I put the magazine in but on the 225 there is a little play, like maybe a 16th of an inch.

Thanks,
Ken
Up-down, side-side, front-back?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Ken
It all has to do with magazine spring tension, if I understand your remark. Sometimes when new, and filled to capacity, the magazine may be hard to insert, as you are fighting the tension of the magazine spring, as you are compressing the ammunition loaded in the magazine, until the magazine catch aligns with the cutout notch of the magazine body.

As an example, download your M11A1 magazine by one or two rounds, and load it. Do you now have the same kind of play in it, as well?

Reactions: FLASIG

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I tried the magazine in my M11-A1 with some rounds taken out. And it too has a little up and down play. Guess I just hadn't noticed it on my M11. Have to say, I love both these guns. Don't know why, but the d/a trigger on my p225-a1 is much lighter than the m11-a1. Would like to get a trigger job on the m11 when I can dig up some extra cash...lol.

Thanks to everyone for your input,
Ken

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Some of it may have to do with the base pad. The bases are a little strange on the 225A1. Mine have a little movement front to back but it's definitely the base pad moving not the mag body. I don't see it as an issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I notice minimal movement (up and down) with all my 225-A1 mags after they are "fully" seated. Doesn't seem to affect anything. The mag is secure and fully engaged.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
Well, I tried the magazine in my M11-A1 with some rounds taken out. And it too has a little up and down play. Guess I just hadn't noticed it on my M11. Have to say, I love both these guns. Don't know why, but the d/a trigger on my p225-a1 is much lighter than the m11-a1. Would like to get a trigger job on the m11 when I can dig up some extra cash...lol.

Thanks to everyone for your input,
Ken
Ken, after you get it well broken in, and it still seems a little heavy on the double action side, you can always lower the mainspring weight a little, which isn't a big cash outlay. You just need to insure you have consistent reliable primer ignition on your carry ammunition.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,998 Posts
IMO the trigger on the M11A1 and the MK25, which both have the phosphated internal parts, can feel a bit heavier than other models owing to the rough/crusty surface on those parts. As the finish smooths out from use, the trigger feel improves.

Good news is that shooting the snot out of it helps a lot! And who doesn't like to shoot either of those SIGs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.