SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to improve the DA pull and would like suggestions? Other than a lighter hammer return spring is there anything else to consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
The DA pull is designed that way as a safety. If I remember the A1 uses the DAK (red) mainspring. I'd try the normal SIG mainspring and see if that helps.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Depending on your skills, you could polish the trigger bar where it makes contact with the hammer, and grease the contact points. I wouldn't go lighter than a 19# mainspring, for reliability on a carry or defensive weapon. From what I understand, they have used a heavier than normal mainspring, in those for some reason, as some other members have reported.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Two words: Robert Burke. He did my 225 A-1 and the trigger is much better all around.

Reactions: DCowboysCR

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The newer ones are shipping with lighter springs. The standard M11 (short) hammer spring does a nice job. That was the only thing I did to mine other than shooting the hell out of it. I've replaced the recoil spring once already.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Send it to SIG for the AEP or Robert Burke or Bruce Gray. Each of them changes the mainspring to the lighter normal one and does a nice action enhancement job.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Replace that red mainspring and report back. I'm guessing that is all you need to do. Why look for any other solution when a $3 spring is all you need?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts