SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to hear from anyone who uses the P225-A1 as their primary EDC. Pros and cons.

I just recently decided to switch from M&P striker fires to Sig DA/SA's. I purchased my first SIG (P226 Legion) about 8 months ago and have decided that the SIG P22X series is the best platform for me. Thus my M&P Pro is gone and a new P226 Extreme will take it's place. My current EDC is a S&W Performance center Shield which I do like to shoot and is very easy to carry. It is however striker fire and I would like to have a consistent platform for my handguns in active use. It is also ported and that has been a bit bothersome since I took a Close Quarters Pistol class (firing from retention).

The P225 A1 is larger than the shield but I have large hands and always use the extended mag or pinky extensions on the shield. I think I would be happy carrying the P225 but I may simply be making excuse to buy another SIG.
Who is happy with the P225 as an EDC and who is not? Thank you.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
We each have to find what fits our needs at the time so maybe the single stacker will do that for you . Another option IF you see one could be older S&W pistols . Not m&p .

The gen 2 and gen 3 pistols can still be found in very nice condition and may have better da/sa tigger than even sigs legion series

I really not a da/sa pistol fan and have avoided keeping one around do to fat grips heavy weight and not so great triggers considering I started out shooting a 2lb2oz trigger on a colt huntsman back in 1963 and 3.5lb trigger 1911 . Even may old danwesson revolver have lighter and smoother da/sa trigger . Its taken me 29 years of concealed carry and 46 years of buying handguns to stumble it to a great da/sa . A s&w 669

But since your invested in other classic sigs might as well stay with a da/sa design just don't think sigs always the best or only option . One might fine a cz rami even though its a double stack is thin , shorter and 5oz lighter than a p255 and with a da/sa tigger group or some other brands .

I carry a ether a s&w 669 or a p320c 40 with thin compact grip an a gray guns trigger kit . Both weight the same empty at 26oz . I looking for a ultra 9mm 1911 when the s&w came along !

Now don't worry about what others carry or like for that fact . I don't . Buy what you like , want a p255 get cha one .

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
The Shield and the P225 are both fine choices for EDC, and since you already carry a SS9, switching to another one won't be a big shift. The only thing you have to do is get comfortable with the DA/SA platform. I think it is a good idea to maintain one manual of arms as it relates to defensive use guns, so I would be one to recommend that you switch to the P225 for carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.