SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P220R SSE

3K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  BklynIrish 
#1 ·
Hey guys…..

So here is my new to me P220E. See photos. Only a few mags through her so great shape. Born September 2010. SN#G517XXX
My question is, the frame says made in Germany and has DE stamp so that’s clear but what about the slide? Would it be from the USA?
Any insights of any kind welcome as older P220s not my expertise but just couldn’t resist the Classic beauty of this firearm and couldn’t resist adding it to the stable. Thanks!
Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Font

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

Trigger Air gun Wood Revolver Gun barrel

See less See more
#5 ·
Congratulations! It's likely not even "Broken In" just yet!

Reactions: AzMaz
#10 ·
Like new. Seller says he only put a few mags through it and been in his safe for years. Seller was a retired army officer In his early 80s I would estimate. Day we met to do the transaction he was CC a P226 Extreme at 2:00. Paid about what a new P226 would run. Kind of bought it blind and pounced quickly so didn’t have time to do any research. Just wanted it even if I were to find I over paid a bit. Any idea on value?

#11 ·
Pre pandemic/lawlessness/election, at least $1,100 like new, because they discontinued them when people still wanted them. 😁

A nice used one just sold on Gunbroker for a hair under $1,200. If I had thought I could have gotten at that price, I might have bought it just to have another. 😄
They have been selling for more.

Reactions: SeaDweller
#18 ·
Congratulations! I've found that mine shoots various types of factory personal defense rounds quite accurately; group below was from 15 yards out, I need to take a picture of a group @ 25 yards sometime... enjoy your love affair, years later and I'm still in the honeymoon phase :love:

#22 ·
Can’t wait to get it to the range. Actually going today but will be focusing on some other needs so won’t be firing her today but will be back at the range soon and am planning a 45 day. Will bring this new 220 ST along with my 220 Legion. Want to compare.

#26 ·
Congrats, on the acquisition of a fine pistol.

I got a P229 SSE 5 or 6 years ago. Liked it so much I picked up a P220 SSE Carry. It is a very accurate and built like a tank. Really like the SRT trigger, it is great for double taps. Still working on my triple taps. My FFL just called a little bit ago and said the have a P220SSE they just took in from a trade. I asked them to keep it in the back until I can inspect. They agreed. Hopefully, I can get by there early next week.

#27 ·
Hopefully the one at your LGS is in good shape. Just yesterday I saw a used one close on GB for the equivalent of approximately $1750 after tax and FFL etc etc. Another last week went for $2500 on GB. At just north of $1000 I figured I paid around fair market value for mine but now I think I might have done a bit better than fmv considering the pristine condition.

#28 ·
Beauty! You won't need a rest to check for the POI. The weight itself is enough to stabilize the gun and will make it feels like shooting 9mm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.