SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I had an alloy framed P220 but a friend made me a deal on a Glock 10mm I should have refused, I've waited a long time. some 20+ years to get another.

Today I found the P220ST in reasonably good condition with the box, and some papers, but... I wonder if there is or was a 10mm slide assembly available for it?

This is it, still needing some cleaning.

馃帠US Army Veteran Premium Member
Congrats on getting your 220 back. I'm not sure about the 10mm conversion, but I just wanted to stop by and wish you well with your new shooter. 馃憤

Registered
Many years ago, Bruce Gray used to do the 10 mm conversion on these older all stainless P220s. I think he was about the only one who did this. Extremely long process / wait time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I figured as much, I have no problem leaving it as a .45 only. This is my fourth steel framed Sig, gotta like that "real steel" :)

Anyway, since it has some mileage on it (It's evident on the barrel smile) besides springs should I worry about anything else?

Registered
I am sure you have noticed the heavier ST model to your alloy 220. I am biased toward wood grips. Therefore, I added a set of Sig Sauer "claimed to be" Nill grips to mine. Years later I found out Sig was selling them under false pretense and they are not Nill. They do look good on it in my opinion.

I saved the original black grips for the future owner.

100_3731.JPG

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Congratulations! I've got one myself... one of the "issues" surrounding those was the Extractor, and something Gray Guns will machine and fit a "modified" unit of their design for a couple of hundred dollars. Numrich/Gun Parts Corporation does have original "new" Extractors available... should you want to pick one up. Extractor, Blued (For Stainless Slide) | Gun Parts Corp.

I had no problem with mine, but picked up a spare anyway.

Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
Nice find. Congrats

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all. I prefer and buy all steel handguns before anything else, alloy second, polymer no longer on the radar screen. But, it seems steel and even alloy framed handguns are going the way of the DoDo, too bad too. New shooters are chasing less recoil and less weight not getting that they are mutually exclusive terms.

I went to the range with my GF's son (he has a polymer .40) and I had my steel Tanfo and SS Sig X5 (both in .40) and after shooting mine, all I heard from him was... "where can I get one of those, how much are they... I never dreamed that a .40 could shoot so nice".

Registered
As long as the frame is a true stainless and not the aluminum frame all you need is the p220 10mm slide and locking block. converted a sa 10mm to a da/sa this way. no problems at all

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As long as the frame is a true stainless and not the aluminum frame all you need is the p220 10mm slide and locking block. converted a sa 10mm to a da/sa this way. no problems at all
But... where to get them?

Registered
That is basically what I did. Bought the 10mm and searched for a da/sa frame finally found one then sold the sa frame. I have seen a couple 10mm slides with locking block show up on several boards from time to time. It is very rare that they do, and they don't stay long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts