SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just bought a BNIB P220 SAS Gen 2. It had been listed and relisted a few times at a starting price of $799.99. I have NOT been thinking about getting one of those, but - hey, it seemed like a great price. I bid the minimum $799.99. Right before the end some dumb** that has only one feedback big $5.00 more. So I went $5.00 more. I figured if he outbid me again, I'll let him have it. I wanted at $799.99 but I figured; "What's another $10.00?" He let me have it. No CC fee and free shipping for $809.99.

I'm going to wait a while before I try a P320 in .45 ACP. The P220 SAS Gen 2 is not much bigger than my P239 SAS Gen 2 9mm. :huh:

I don't know why I did it. I just did it. :D

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just sold a cheap Mossberg 500 recently. That will go towards it. :D

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: sigsrok

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Worse than Ebola!!! :lol:
Yeah, I know the feeling. Even though I just bought a P220 Equinox and have a 229 SAS, about same size as your 220 SAS, I would buy a P220 SAS Carry if a deal like that dropped in my lap, like NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never had an interest in carrying a single-stack .45ACP. I got that P239 SAS 9mm and love the heck out of it! I started carrying it concealed a lot. And I never thought I would carry less that a double-stack P229 or P226.

But I decided if I can get comfortable with carrying a single-stack 9, I can get comfortable carrying a single-stack 45. :) As long as it is a DA/SA like the rest of my SIG P-series pistols. :D

Depending on where I go, when I go, et cetera, I will still pack a double-stack P229 or P226.

Now, I need a P220 IWB holster and a mag carrier for a couple of 10-round backup mags. :D

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I carry my Ruger SR1911, CMD Lightweight once in a while. Single stack .45. About same size as a 220 SAS. No problem. 8 rounds of .45 ACP should be enough to do the job!

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I carry my Ruger SR1911, CMD Lightweight once in a while. Single stack .45. About same size as a 220 SAS. No problem. 8 rounds of .45 ACP should be enough to do the job!
I like to carry more "just in case."

These days, I like to be ready in case I find myself caught in the middle of one of those spontaneous, "peaceful demonstrations."

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Well, I was a Boy Scout, and we were trained to "Be Prepared".

Reactions: FLASIG

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: sigsrok

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congrats on your new P220 SAS Carry!!
Maybe it will fit in a P229 holster??

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do yourself a major favor and get an Alien Gear. I've had one for a lot of years and wouldn't even think of another brand.
Thanks!
I have Alien Gear for P239, P229 and P226. I was just thinking of ordering a shell for it. They are comfortable. Has taken me time to get used to them. I used OWB paddle holsters so long that I really got spoiled to being able to just shove the paddle in the waistband and take off. Or ridged Kydex holsters with stiff belt clips that I could easily clip on the belt. It takes a bit more work to "get read" with the Alien Gear IWB. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts