SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been resisting the Signess since last October, when I first shot a P220. Alas, I could resist no longer, and I had to have one. I received my NIB Sig P220 SAO full-size today. I cleaned and lubricated her, and gave her new pants (Hogue Extreme checkered G10 Tan G-Mascus with stainless hex screws). I've got a bunch of .45 ammo on the way and will post a range report once I've put 500 rounds through her or so.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Congrats! That's one sharp looking pistol. The P220 is one of the few models I've never owned or tried, but they are a great gun. A fairly large local PD issued the P220 for many years (they may still for all I know).

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
23,604 Posts
Nice! That P220 is going to spoil you. ;) :D

Reactions: FLASIG

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the kind comments, guys. I remember liking the trigger a lot on the P220 I shot last year, and this one is no different. Of course it can't compare to the 3.5# trigger on my Colt Combat Commander 1911 (with an aftermarket Wilson Combat match trigger with overtravel stop and sear tuned by a professional gunsmith), but it breaks very cleanly and isn't annoyingly heavy. As long as the break is distinct and clean, and the trigger is less than 8#, I generally find triggers good (of course, I prefer my 1911 trigger). I just measured it with my Lyman's gauge, and this P220 SAO is breaking consistently at just under 6#.

I might eventually spring for one of the clean-up/reset packages from Gray Guns. I'll shoot 500 rounds and decide then. I was initially thinking I would get the P220 refinished in hard chrome or NP3, but I actually really like the look of the tan grips on the black NITRON finish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.