SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had a bunch of pistols. Dozens. Every major brand and model. I like other makes and models. But I find the P220 to be the most reassuring in terms of feel, accuracy, reliability, manual of arms, fit, and pointability. Yes, I find da/sa with a decocker but no safety reassuring for carry.

Compared to my 1911, it inspires the confidence of reliability and a no safety to turn off manual of arms.

Compared to my Glock, it inspires the confidence of a wee bit extra trigger pull - for a first shot that is intentional in every sense.

As Mas Ayoob has written, 8 rds of 45acp will do in most cases, and he wrote that for LE context. As a ccw holder, the likely scenarios that I would be in are pretty well covered with 8 plus a spare mag.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Even though I really like my P229 in all three calibers, my next SIG will be most likely a P220.
Shot one once at a SIG Sauer event and was more accurate than with the P229 - just an awesome gun.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.