SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
23,604 Posts
Who knows?
I cannot think of any reason that they would not have released it by now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you look on the other P220 Legion thread in this forum, a couple of posters said they were coming. They are showing up on Davidson's, and Top Gun Supply. This seems hopeful to me. I have been trying to find some evidence online that the gun was indeed in production, but have found nothing else so far.

Come on P220 Legion SAO!

·
Registered
150 Posts
SIG can be very slow in bringing items out. They also have unicorns. Look at the 1911 Fastback Nightmare Carry. It was announced at the 2012 Shot Show as available in 45 Auto and 357 SIG. it was made in the 45 Auto but never in the 357 SIG. SIG still had it listed as available in 357 SIG on their old website, sigarms.com, even after the new website was launched for several days at the end of 2016. On the new/current website it is available in 45 Auto only. SIG did also announce the 1911 Fastback Nightmare in both calibers at the 2012 Shot Show and is still making this pistol in both calibers. So you see that it being in the catalogue or on the website doesn't mean it is real or available.

·
🎖USAF Veteran
4,455 Posts
As of June 1st, 2017 Sig will be releasing the long anticipated and overdue Legion P220 Unicorn, the first 2000 will be released in a special glitter based finish that flakes off faster then a parade of liberals. I will believe it the day I see one in my hand, till then I am just enjoying what I have.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
It is also included in the brochure of Sig.
Unfortunately, that means nothing. Sig is notorious for announcing, and cataloging, a model- then never releasing it.

Reactions: SHOOT

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have wanted a P220 Legion ever since the 226 and 229 came out. I would have preferred that Sig had come out with the P220 first. My LGS has assured me, that I will get the first P220 Legion that comes in. It doesn't matter which one either. DA/SA or SAO, I will take one of each.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How long has it been since announced? Terrible Sig marketing. The only company that gets it when releasing a new product is Apple. The minute they are announcing the new device it's up forsale on their website.

·
Registered
23,604 Posts
From what I recall reading, there was one on shooting day of SHOT 2015 but it was officially displayed in full-size and carry at SHOT 2016.

·
Registered
495 Posts
They want to build up a bulk amount of P220 Legions before shipping out to distributors. I think that is not a bad plan versus sending out a hand full and having us complain there is only a few of them in the pipe line.

Ron

·
Registered
23,604 Posts
:rolleyes: I believe in Legion P220 being released to the LGS as much as I believe anyone from Alabama can read. :p
You're dead to me. -_-

:p

·
Registered
26 Posts
They want to build up a bulk amount of P220 Legions before shipping out to distributors. I think that is not a bad plan versus sending out a hand full and having us complain there is only a few of them in the pipe line.

Ron
This is what I was told when I spoke to the Sig representatives in February at the Harrisburg PA sportsman's show. I handled the p220 SAO Legion and was very impressed.

I wonder if they might also be working on "improving" the Legion finish so there aren't issues/complaints like some folks have had on the current guns. Just thinkin' out loud...

·
Registered
367 Posts
How long has it been since announced? Terrible Sig marketing. The only company that gets it when releasing a new product is Apple. The minute they are announcing the new device it's up forsale on their website.
Ruger does a great job with new product rollouts. The day the new gun is announced, all the YouTube bloggers upload their video reviews. Press releases, etc AND the gun is being shipped at the same time. They may sell out of the initial guns quickly and you might have to go to Gunbroker but they exist. Ruger does a great job of keeping the product secret while having reviewers spend time with them and get them shipped all before the announcement from Ruger. Pretty impressive.

Sig, not so much.

·
Registered
605 Posts
This is what I was told when I spoke to the Sig representatives in February at the Harrisburg PA sportsman's show. /QUOTE]

Same people at the Harrisburg show told me two months, which was three months ago. I was on the phone with a SIG customer service person last week about a repair. He said he had no idea, but said the people at the shows sometimes are a bit overzealous in what they say. They probably want to give us some hope, rather than listen to us complain. :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.