SIG Talk banner

P220 legion

4175 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Sandaholic
Anyone have an update on this pistol? Is Sig still planning to make this gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reactions: sigsrok
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
I personally would rather see a P227 Legion. I feel Sig would sell more 227's then 220's Legions. JMHO;);)
As a new Sig guy I am wondering why you think that. I have a 220 and hope for a 227 someday, but I am definitely looking at the 220 Legion. Why would a 227 Legion be better? Not arguing, just curious. I know the 227 has a larger magazine capacity. Is that it?

· Registered
23,709 Posts
The P220 Legions - full size and carry - were shown at SHOT 2016. Nowhere to be found yet.

Osage County Guns posted the following from SHOT 2016.
I think I remember reading that the P220 Legion was actually shown at the range day of SHOT 2015 but it didn't have the Legion grips on it yet; it had G10s.

· Registered
291 Posts
They are being built as I type this in mass quantity. Should be released any day now according to an update I received yesterday.

Ron
Exciting news! Thanks to both of you!

· Registered
426 Posts
I'm trying to talk myself into a P220 but I'm with pat701, I wish it was a P227. It's just hard for me to go from a Glock G21 with 13 rounds that I shoot fairly well to a Sig P220 that only holds 8 in a non-ridiculous length mag. Now I could easily talk myself into having one just because. But when I think about how I would use it when compared to my G30 and G21 it just doesn't make the same kind of sense. But a P227 Legion SAO long slide badass and a P227 SAS SAO carry model I could most likely live with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.