SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to change the grips on my new/ used p220 after firing 150 rounds thru it, changed grips to Houge rubber grips, thought I did everything right. Slide works everything works except gun won't dry fire??????
Any suggestions I did not really take the gun apart and now it won't fire even with the grips off?????

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Can you elaborate; won't fire in DA and/or SA mode, hammer won't cock in DA mode, hammer won't fall?

Would suggest checking the trigger bar spring to make sure it is properly mounted. Would also suggest checking that the hammer pivot pin is flush to the left side of the frame and protruding from the right side of the frame.

Edit: Here's a pic showing the proper mounting of the trigger bar spring to the trigger bar and the proper position of the hammer pivot pin (protruding from the right side of the frame) with the trigger bar positioned under the hammer pivot pin:
DSCN0434.jpg

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,635 Posts
Signut69, welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana. ThnkFrst is correct in that you need to check the trigger bar spring, and insure that it is installed properly.
I will attempt to add a picture here, since you have an older P220 it will have a different trigger bar spring. If your trigger bar spring is correctly installed, and you still have problems.
Re install your old grips, and see if everything works, as you may have an older style mainspring assembly, and the newer model Hogue grips may not have the necessary clearance.

Attachments

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,635 Posts
Signut69, pictures of your pistol with right grip panel removed may help...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the quick responses, I have been out of town for a while and have read everyone's replies, Thanks. Striker goes halfway back when trigger is pulled will not travel thru a firing cycle. Checked the trigger spring everyone else's gun is different than mine so I have no comparison made sure the trigger bar pin was flush on the left and protruding on the right. Problem still remains, will include pics of gun this time, any help will be great
Any trigger replacement thoughts, don't like the long trigger pull of this gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Looks like the hammer pivot pin might be too far out to the right side of the pistol. I am not sure if that would cause your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok tried for the last 2 hrs to reassemble gun every which way, finally got the trigger retention pin in the right way to get the block assembly in. Put slide on still no fire??????
Put a magazine in and gun will fire????? Gun fires only with magazine installed.
Malicious what is a DAK?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
A DAK with a magazine disconnect; that would explain a LOT. I'm going to guess that this pistol behaved the same way before the grip change as it does afterwards.

DAK = Double Action Kellerman.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts