SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gander Mountain closing, older Sig P220, $500....looks like it's been a safe queen. Not a lot of scuffs and wear marks anywhere. Looking at the serial number sequence on the serial thread, it seems that it's pre 2005. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Happy Happy.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Necron99, if it's "German", the slide should tell you...

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yessir, it's Made in Germany. G 291 xxx. So I think from internet searches, it's 1998. DA/SA. Hogue grips. The sites aren't standard, they have some glow and there's no way OEM would glow after near 20 years. I'll post a couple pics in a bit.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Look under the "chin" of the slide, there will be 2 letters stamped there, the one shown, is my 220, stamped KA which is for 90.
The chart is under "stickies" Dating your German Sig...

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No such stamp on mine.

I called sig to see if they had anything else by the serial, and they only had the mfg year, 1998. They offer some services of which I wasn't aware. has anyone ever had them do #1 on their used Sig? Is it worthwhile? I'm kinda thinking on a 19 year old guy, it sure might not hurt, even if she largely looks like a safe queen that was fired very occasionally.

1. The Full Service Plan includes*:
·
Detailed stripping and complete and thorough cleaning of the entire pistol. Professional safety inspection of critical components by factory certified personnel. Replacement of springs prone to wear ( trigger bar spring, slide catch lever spring, recoil spring) and any needed small parts. Then lubrication to factory standards, reassembly and function testing. (Not available for 1911-22 or Mosquito models). $84.95

2. Sig Short Reset Trigger:
· Retrofit your P220, P224, P225, P226, P227, P228, P229, P239 and P245 with the new SIG SAUER Short Reset™ (SRT) sear and safety lever parts. The SRT reduces the trigger reset travel by about 60%. The SRT upgrade is perfect for both competition and combat shooters who want to reduce their follow up shot times. NOT FOR DAK or DAO TRIGGERS! Price includes parts and labor. Original parts returned with your firearm. $99.95
3. Sig Night Sight Package
· Upgrade or replace your current sights with factory installed SIGLITE® front and rear night sights. $119.95

Reactions: winterwar

·
Registered
821 Posts
It looks like you have one of the parts Made in Germany and Assembled in USA versions. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and you got an awesome deal from the looks of it.

The sights look like the '99 dated Trijicons on my .40S&W P226. They still have some glow after 18 years too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.