SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the only purpose of the grayguns fat guide rod to help with single strand recoil springs? How much bigger is it than a standard stainless guide rod? Does anyone have the dimensions on one of them? I can't find the specs to compare the size differences anywhere.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Fat is good

Is the only purpose of the grayguns fat guide rod to help with single strand recoil springs? How much bigger is it than a standard stainless guide rod? Does anyone have the dimensions on one of them? I can't find the specs to compare the size differences anywhere.
The fat rod is about the best you can get. Bruce would recommend the SIG spring or one of his pink springs for 9mm +p. I use the fat guide rod and the pink spring in my 226 which uses the same guide rod. The fat rod keeps a strand from exiting the muzzle end of the slide also. It fits the slide opening better.

3.306" long
0.320" thick
The flange is thinner than most ss rods and is 0.039" or 1 mm. This thinness work out better; changing and not taking up any room from spring compression.

The flange measures 0.460" in mine but I took a slight amount off so it would fit an undersized nickel coated take down lever. So his will be a little over 0.460" .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, thank you for the information. So you brought the diameter for the flange down a bit to accommodate your new take-down lever? I am also swapping the controls on my for nickle parts, I'll have to keep that in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.