SIG Talk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've left a P239 in 9mm, with the DAK system. While i'm not really too used to it, it seems to be fine for relatively short ranges, but even with the slightly shortened Trigger pull, I see that as a detriment to longer range accuracy. While I know that those who were required to use the action, became accustomed, and proficient at even longer ranges. I am not saddled by bureaucrats, to make decisions on what's best for me, and I've trained for the past 35 years with the DA/SA, and for the past 7 years, with the Short Reset Trigger system. So I will normally convert...
Yeah, you can include me in that list of individuals who had to carry it and become proficient with it due to agency requirements. I certainly would not recommend it for an inexperienced shooter.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, you can include me in that list of individuals who had to carry it and become proficient with it due to agency requirements. I certainly would not recommend it for an inexperienced shooter.
Yes, the Department I was on in the '90s had the Sig P226 9mm, then around 2003/2004 went to the P226R in .40 S&W. They sent me to the Armorers course, even though I watched a Maremont VHS Armorers Training tape from the '80s when I first went onto the department, to be their in house Armorer.

Reactions: RetropM

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
5,456 Posts
Nice Score. Like you I don't care for the DAK. I have long hands and fingers and the short reach trigger puts my finger too tight and it's
too close to the rear of the trigger guard. It also pinches my trigger finger on each pull. I have come to prefer a straight trigger.

I have to wear XXL gloves just to get long enough fingers.

·
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice Score. Like you I don't care for the DAK. I have long hands and fingers and the short reach trigger puts my finger too tight and it's
too close to the rear of the trigger guard. It also pinches my trigger finger on each pull. I have come to prefer a straight trigger.

I have to wear XXL gloves just to get long enough fingers.
I need to remove, and massage the Strut a bit, as this won't likely be a primary carry piece, so a Superstrut, and adjustable Trigger won't be in its future.

With smaller hands, (medium?), and the short Trigger, I can use either G-10s, OEM 2 piece grips, or E2s... I'm considering a pair of OEM Sig Black/Gray G-10s, I have around here, as soon as I find them.

·
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well I finished this P220 up, with a pair of factory G-10s, I had, and updated it, and a couple of other P220s with some fresh Ameriglo Spartan sights...

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Product Office supplies Material property Font Tints and shades

21 - 28 of 28 Posts