SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up from the LGS, where the new one isn't tht far away, actually 5X closer, no more than a souple of miles...

While neither a "Silk Purse", nor a "Sows Ear", a solid P220R for $370 ($424.60 incl taxes, shipping, & fees).

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Upon arrival. a closer look...

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory
Automotive tire Audio equipment Electronic instrument Font Material property
space shuttle Spaceplane Vehicle Aircraft Spacecraft

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory
Photograph White Air gun Trigger Grey

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Font Rectangle Metal Kitchen utensil Auto part
Tool Font Gun accessory Ratchet Auto part
Font Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Metal
Rectangle Font Tool Auto part Metal

Product Air gun Font Material property Office supplies

I've already found that I have all parts necessary to convert to DA/SA, so I'll probably start that this evening...

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Nilla

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
She doesn’t appear to have a lot of miles on her. Seems like 2008 was the year Sig highlighted the frame lettering. I always liked that. I have a P229 purebred 357 from 2008 that has it.
Are you going to put some rounds down range before doing the conversion?

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a police trade in? From an auction or surplus dealer?
From a Dealer in Waterbury, CT... Black Phoenix Customs, LLC

Only one listed on Gun Broker, started at $.99 Bidding, ended Sunday night.

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
She doesn’t appear to have a lot of miles on her. Seems like 2008 was the year Sig highlighted the frame lettering. I always liked that. I have a P229 purebred 357 from 2008 that has it.
Are you going to put some rounds down range before doing the conversion?
No since I already have the parts, it's converted now...

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to need to get some new tritiums, likely Ameriglo Spartans...

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Wood Tool Hardwood Gadget Cable

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: AzMaz

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And 19 total bids. Was listed as “DOA”. 🤔
Yeah, you have to weed through the misconceptions, such as I would imagine it was supposed to read DAO, but laziness prevails, plus some just don't know any better. That's why knowing exactly what your bidding on helps. Fix your "maximum" bid, then Bid it... normally I wait until less than an hour before the programed end of the auction. Otherwise, it gets bid up too fast, and ultimately too high... in this case, I was out of town, and Gun Broker on my phone, is a nightmare. If someone had exceeded my "maximum" which was $400, they would have won it. It ended going "overtime" as last minute bidders, extended the auction with the 15 minute rule.

Reactions: AzMaz

·
14,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice find, congrats on the new acquisition! I am quite fond of the DAK trigger myself although I certainly understand why many are not.
I've left a P239 in 9mm, with the DAK system. While i'm not really too used to it, it seems to be fine for relatively short ranges, but even with the slightly shortened Trigger pull, I see that as a detriment to longer range accuracy. While I know that those who were required to use the action, became accustomed, and proficient at even longer ranges. I am not saddled by bureaucrats, to make decisions on what's best for me, and I've trained for the past 35 years with the DA/SA, and for the past 7 years, with the Short Reset Trigger system. So I will normally convert...

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Yeah, you have to weed through the misconceptions, such as I would imagine it was supposed to read DAO, but laziness prevails, plus some just don't know any better. That's why knowing exactly what your bidding on helps. Fix your "maximum" bid, then Bid it... normally I wait until less than an hour before the programed end of the auction. Otherwise, it gets bid up too fast, and ultimately too high... in this case, I was out of town, and Gun Broker on my phone, is a nightmare. If someone had exceeded my "maximum" which was $400, they would have won it. It ended going "overtime" as last minute bidders, extended the auction with the 15 minute rule.
Yes, I also assumed seller meant DAO. You touch on an interesting aspect of GB and one I was just thinking about the other day which is bidding strategy. Personally, I never bid early. I wait until 15 minutes before auction ends and then bid. I feel like I don’t want to “stimulate” the auction early on. I want as little bidding as possible leading up to the 15 minute mark. I know many like the “fire and forget” approach. The downside to my approach is that I have to be present at auction end but if it’s something I really want, I’m willing to commit to that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts