SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

First post as I've only been back in the Sig World for a few weeks.
I carried a P228 as my duty weapon from 2000 to 2009.
I have always liked the feel and quality of the Sigs, just never bought one for myself.

That changed 2 weeks ago when I got a new P320 X5....oh so nice!!!!

Anyway, obviously I have the Sig bug and and looking at a P220.
I had always wanted a P220 ST (demo'd a few times back in 2005/06), of course they don't make those anymore.

So the question is, currently what is the closest to the old ST? The Elite Stainless?
Other than the finish, how would the Legion compare?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Welcome from PA!

Whatever P220 "floats your boat" is the best choice.

All 220s are perfect weapons.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk, and Congrats on your new 320!! Yeah, P220's a great pistol as well, and sure their current 220 Stainless Elite is a beauty!! There are several differences between this gun and the 220 Legion. The more significant for me is the all stainless Elite vs the Legion's nice Graygun's trigger.

My 220 stainless is their Match Elite, a 5" gun no longer in SIG's catalog. I liked the gun out-of-the-box, but didn't luv her until I installed Grayguns P-PAK trigger kit. These kits are now very difficult to find - Unless you buy a Legion, as that's the trigger group in the Legions.

If this is a range/fun gun, a stainless & wood beauty is a great option. If you want a defensive weapon in 45acp that you may even carry - perhaps a Legion...

Just my $0.02!!

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies and welcomes!

This will be a purely fun/range gun, to change it up a little from the X5.
I have other tools for EDC and home defense.

And thanks for the hint on finding a used ST. I'm a little hesitant on buying something used form an unknown source though. With that, has the technology changed enough that from the old ST to the newer 220's that there would be a "noticeable" step backwards?
For collector purposes I could see it...I'm not there yet. ;-)

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
When it comes to P220s, I personally think the new stainless P220s are as good as the old and maybe a bit better.

I love the P220 SSEs. Quality made gun and the short reset trigger is nice.

You might also be able to locate a new P220 SSS. That is an all stainless P220 without the beaver tail and no short reset trigger action.

There are also some reverse two-tone P220s with no SRT and no beavertail still available new online. All stainless frames with the stainless slide coated in black Nitron.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
I would argue that the 229 is the perfect weapon.

Lighter, Caliber flexible, wider grips.
I agree with you about the 229, being the best all-around gun.

But, he is asking witch P220 is the best.

I replied, any 220 is a perfect gun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Which ever one comes in 10mm....and camo :)

Seriously, the trigger sucks but everything else is great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.