SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P220 22lr conversion, opinions needed.

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Timmy G 
#1 ·
I found a P220 frame with a P220 22lr conversion slide and I am interested in buying it.

Have any of you had any experience with this setup? This is the same as the conversion kit that goes on the P226 I think, 2 mags included, they are some sort of plastic. The slide does not stay back on the last shot.

How accurate are these? And are the plastic mags getting chewed up quickly as I read someplace?

Thanks for the input.

#3 ·
I have same and really enjoy it! FYI - for about $12, you can get a replacement magazine follower which holds the slide open after the last round, plus a magazine spring adapter that increases the capacity from 10 rounds to 13. Taylor-tactical-supply.com. I received mine within a week of ordering, and both work as advertised!

Go buy that P220 and do not look back!!!

#4 ·
OP,
I've been running the p22X Cal X Change kits on my P220's,P226's & P229's for 30+ years.

Most limp wrist the 22 RF top ends from the reduced recoil taking momentum from the aluminum slide causing feed & ejection issues.

A better option than attempting to manipulate slide hold open w/ an after market follower to jam the slide, is a 3Dprinted Canadian magazine that locks the slides by design.

gsdesigns.ca

My Sig_nificant other prefers the GSDesigns magazines from OEM mags for the hold open feature to eliminate counting rounds fired.

Keep the magazine feed lips clean as per any rimfire & they will serve you well.

Different mag body/follower/base piece colors are available.

Attachments

#6 ·
Twistedracer's
gSdesigns.ca
Green bodies w/ orange internals

Colors available are-
mag bodies & internal parts of
Black,Grey,Red,Pink,Orange,Yellow,Green,Blue.

I had to stand my ground w/ my SIG_nificant others color choices of Pink & stated that I would NEVER load a Pink magazine....ever....for anybody....ever-(I win!!)

Black bodies w/ red internals!!!!

#9 ·
Just bought a couple mags and a couple followers for my current mags. Didn’t realize it was a Canadian company. First google search gave me some design company that doesn’t do magazines. But eventually I got to the right place. Ordered blue with yellow followers, just to be different. ?Maybe I should Cerakote one of my slides blue. Someone had a pretty stunning 320 blue slide, over in the 320 thread.

#11 · (Edited)
Hello Folks,

I too have a P220 & the .22 conversation kit. Great addition to my collection.

I also researched the followers (not holding the slide open) and spoke to Taylor from Taylor Tactical (really nice guy - great solution to expand capacity and hold the slide open). I highly recommend purchasing the conversion kit, shooting.22 way cheaper than .45 and just as much fun!!!!!

The plastic mags hold up fine.

FYI- I spoke directly with Sig several months about purchasing additional mags. The company Sig used to manufacture them closed 18 months ago so if you can get any - grab them when you can.

I also recommend getting a speed/loading assist tool. They really save your thumb.

Be good, stay safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.