SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being a handloader I enjoy my .357sig pistols .having the versatility to load light popper plinking fodder to rolling out with some smoking heaters using inexpensive 9mm bullets. not to mention the accuracy and reliable bottleneck chambering.

sure would like a 9x25 dillon for my P220 in 10mm. it's built pretty stout and should handle the Dillon round just fine.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,437 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My pistol is a P220-10MM so the .45 bottlenecks are out.
Although interesting as they are, I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing a low pressure thin wall case to high velocity. (having blown a case an destroying a nice FNP-45) I know longer push this round in any of my .45's. > (chicken smilies)
being a hand loader, i have a growing affinity for this 10mm case. the versatility in 10mm alone gives quite a range offerings. bottle necking this case opens up some interesting avenues. the ability to load 9mm bullets across several of my platforms peaks my thriftiness

here's and interesting ghost round

https://www.deadcalibers.net/9x25mm-super-auto-g/

· Registered
828 Posts
Sounds very interesting indeed. I handload, and all the comments about the 357 Sig being difficult sound to me like someone who hasn't loaded bottle neck cases much and isn't willing to invest in the case inspection tools available (Wilson 357 Sig new and fired case gauges). I'm by no means an expert, but I feel confident enough in my abilities to load cartridges to exact tolerances that I'm not at all afraid of my 357 Sig. And I can make the loads I want, not what is available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.