SIG Talk banner

P220 10mm mags

1647 16
P220 10mm mags must be a pretty scarce item! Think there are 3 on Gun Broker and maybe 1 on eBay when I looked the other day. By the time I purchase from those places and pay shipping I can order direct from Sig Sauer and get the free shipping offer this weekend and a Sig soft pistol case of I spend $100.00. Anyone got a source for 10mm P220 mags at a cheaper price that I am missing?
Reactions: bearone2
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Offer for free shipping and free pistol case with $100.00 minimum order expires Saturday midnight. The 2 mags only came to $88.00 so I had go purchase a new Sig hat in the Kryptek camo that my Hunter 10mm has to make the minimum. Sacrifices we make for our Sig pistols.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time Sig owner and the magazine issues with the P220 Elite SAO 10mm brought me here.Are the new 10mm magazines corrected and resolve the issue?I really don't want to send this gun back to Sig.I'm hoping I can just buy new magazines.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That's the first I've heard of magazine problems with the 10mm. If you're talking about the firm push required to seat the mags that's not a problem. They were designed that way and its completely normal. All it takes is a firm push. I'm also one of the folks that use P220 45ACP in my P220 10mm. Works fine in both of mine.

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
First time Sig owner and the magazine issues with the P220 Elite SAO 10mm brought me here.Are the new 10mm magazines corrected and resolve the issue?I really don't want to send this gun back to Sig.I'm hoping I can just buy new magazines.
If you are talking about the extra effort to insert them, they were intentionally designed that way.

Reactions: kansascity45

·
Registered
7,967 Posts

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Here's a thread on P220 10mm mag's that snag on the mag catch during insertion. The mag's I've adjusted seem to work fine. I did have to reduce these mags' lip bend slightly to load Hornady's Critical Defense rounds that have a wider nose...

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/127042-closer-look-sig-p220-10mm-mags-what-s-difference.html

Grab a Gun has these mag's in stock at $34.50/each.

Cheers
I forgot about that.
You had to reduce the bend on the newly-updated magazines?

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
I forgot about that.
You had to reduce the bend on the newly-updated magazines?
Right, the 2 original SIG mags that came with the pistol - and had with no lip bend. I adjusted these 2 mags with my trusty crescent wrench, and then just slightly relaxed my bend to accommodate the Hornadys...

Cheers

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
Right, the 2 original SIG mags that came with the pistol - and had with no lip bend. I adjusted these 2 mags with my trusty crescent wrench, and then just slightly relaxed my bend to accommodate the Hornadys...

Cheers
Have you had any issues with the new 10mm mags that have the ever-so-slight bend?

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Have you had any issues with the new 10mm mags that have the ever-so-slight bend?
No problems with the 'adjusted' 10mm mags. They load with no catch, and while I haven't yet bought any of Underwood's mega-loads, they run everything I've tried - SIG, Federal & Hornady.

I've also run some P220-1 45 mags, and they handle most of my 10mm ammo - but not all. Again, some of the fatter 10mm will hang-up in the 45 mags. SIG V-Crowns work fine, but Hornadys may not...

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.