SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lipsey's finally has a pic of their next P220 10mm, the Emperor Scorpion. They've had the model listed for months and now they have a photo.

Model: 220R5-10-ESCPN

DA/SA
Combat Night Sights

Oh, how I wish I could afford another 10mm that I don't need.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Dang ENABLER###!!!.. Please - nothing more about this 220!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great! Love my Elite SAO in 10mm. Only feature this pistol lacks are the Pirhana G10s!
The G10s it has are in keeping with the same design on the 1911 Emperor Scorpion .45 ACP.

Reactions: winterwar

·
Registered
64 Posts
GBIA, I went to my LGS and called Lipseys last week when I saw the picture posted. They have no idea about any availability of the P220 10mm Emperor Scorpion. They have no idea why a picture was finally posted. They have no idea when they will have more stock of the two-tone. I also asked why the Emperor Scorpion description says 5 inch barrel, but the picture is obviously a 4.4 inch barrel. They had no idea.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GBIA, I went to my LGS and called Lipseys last week when I saw the picture posted. They have no idea about any availability of the P220 10mm Emperor Scorpion. They have no idea why a picture was finally posted. They have no idea when they will have more stock of the two-tone. I also asked why the Emperor Scorpion description says 5 inch barrel, but the picture is obviously a 4.4 inch barrel. They had no idea.

Since it shows the 4.4" barrel, maybe there's going to be a 220R-45-ESCPN in our future too!
I really didn't pay attention to the barrel/slide length in the pic.

But When SIG first announced that there would be a P220 10mm, they stated that there would be some produced with a standard 4.4" barrel.

Then there were rumors that the 4.4" models wouldn't be produced.

But maybe SIG decided to change the Emperor Scorpion to be a standard 4.4"?

SIG was going to have more of the 5" with fixed combat night sights in the beginning too but decided to change to adjustable target sights after they were originally introduced at SHOT (2015?) and they had more requests for target sights.

Who knows?

Maybe we'll see some 4.4" 10mm P220s after all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I messaged gray guns inc since sig sauer no longer replies to me on anything 10mm related. Its almost like they have put a blackout on it. If I ask about anything not related to 10mm they respond withing 24-48 hours. Mention 10mm and dead silence.

That said, they did mention that since sales were slowing down, they would be able to work on other models they didn't get to. They told me this in December of last year. So if thats true, based on Bruce's last message he sent to me, maybe they have found the time to hammer out the recoil system on the 4.4 and will be starting to ship something other than the lackluster 3 models they have had for what two years now?

Id would certainly be in for a 4.4" DA/SA Scorpion 10mm. Heck that would be a new cold weather carry gun for me.

Honestly though I wouldn't put any stock in anything you see unless its a model actually in the store, or on gunbroker. Beyond that, Sig is vaporware all too often.

Im really waiting on the XDM 10mm that the Springfield CEO said was in the works a few months ago!

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 10mm Emperor Scorpion is showing up on GunBroker!!

keelyllc and one or two others have it listed. They don't show a pic of the one they have. They are showing the "stock photo" from Lipsey's.

For some reason, the one that was photographed for Lipsey's has its slide racked somewhat.

I can't wait to see one!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/661475101

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keely and others often use "stock photos" (event the ones on SIG's site) rather than remove a gun and take photos of it.

Osage County Guns usually uses one set of photos for a model for all their listings of that model.

Sellers that move large volumes don't take the time to photo every one.

Keely is a reputable dealer and I have no doubt that they have it in stock.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, we still don't know the barrel length? 4.4 or 5" ?

or..6"? oooh :D

I see GunBroker list it as a 5"... so i guess that's what it is.
I believe it is a 5". If you look closely at the pic they posted (from Lipsey's) the slide is positioned back, somewhat.

The model number indicates it is a 5" and when the model was listed "way back", it was stated as 5".

I may not be able to resist it. :D

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But I am concerned about the finish.
The Emperor Scorpion 1911 is described as a FDE Nitron. It actually looks shiny when you hold it.
This Emperor Scorpion 10mm and the pics of the other Emperor Scorpions at SHOT 2016 (?) indicate a more flat PVD finish.
If you look at that picture, the slide is kind of "splotchy" like the gray Legions when they don't have an even coat of oil on them. I hope that this finish isn't as cheap as the Legion's.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.