SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Sig P210A Target couple weeks ago. Haven't been to range yet.
Looked for holster, only thing I found was a Mitch Rosen leather holster from Sig.

Received it today and boy is it TIGHT!! Can't even slide gun on all the way...it hits the slide lock. Has any one else bought one and did it break in to fit the gun better?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny. I bought the same holster as even in 2019 Couldnt find many options..... Its super tight. I cant even use it. Nice quality. It sits in the closet. Might be able to break it in if you dedicated some serious time. I haven't.

Given that Im responding 5 years later....have you managed to break it in ?? :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have that holster and LOVE it. And "breaking it in" is easy: Just put a very light coat of gun oil on the pistol's exterior to reduce its friction, wrap the pistol with Saran wrap (make sure no open spots without Saran so the oil stays on the pistol, and not the holster), stuff it into the holster to the proper depth (takes a little force I know), and leave it overnight or a bit longer if necessary.

When you pull it out, and remove the Saran wrap, you'll find that it goes into and out of the holster much easier, but is still tight enough to be secure when you are physically active.

I love the holster for the way it hugs the body when you put it on a PROPER GUN belt, and wear ot at about 4pm position. Tucks VERY nicely into the small of your back, for great concealability and yet easy and fast access. And, the obvious quality is very attractive. I think it's the nicest holster I have ever had,

Jim G

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought one when CDNN was selling the Sig branded Mitch Rosen left hand holster for $20. They where made for the European versions with the round trigger guards, my American model would not fit as it was extremely tight. The holster had 2 strips of leather sewed along the top to form a sight track. I remover the 2 leather strips and now it fits as good as any off the shelf holster I own. It is not a tight fit but it is not loose fit either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts