SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there to All members and glad to be part of the community!!

I own a P210-6 Swiss made around 1992
Can anyone please tell me if its safe to use +P ammo with it?
Thanks

·
Registered
.357 sig
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry I can’t answer your question but I would love to have a Swiss 210 (even a German).

·
Administrator
36,847 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk!

Ammunition rated +P is SAAMI and to the best of my knowledge your P210-6 will handle that just fine.

However... If it were me, I would avoid it for target practice though ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just because you can fire +P through a precision pistol like a P210-6, doesn't mean you should fire it.

You have a very expensive precision pistol. Overpressure rounds stress a handgun much more than standard velocity ammunition.

What are you planning on doing with it?

If you need something for self defense, sell it and buy two or three other handguns for that purpose. Same money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I Just wanted to know if its safe in case I use it in a self defense situation with +P, I dont plan to wear it out.

How much do you folks think its worth - approx?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Look at some of the online dealer offerings for surplus Swiss Lugers...

https://edelweissarms.com/handguns/sig/

You can get an idea of current pricing. Consider that overhead for a business is about 30% above what you'd price it in a direct collector private sale.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am shooting a Swiss P210-6 for bout six or seven years regularly and have shot it with a variety of different ammo. The Swiss guns are very well built and can handle +P. A few rounds for self defense will definitely not harm the gun.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was reading where soldiers were shooting submachine gun ammo out of the early Sigs and cracks were forming. Then they went to a Heavy frame Sig model to prevent that. Have read that SMG ammo can be pretty hot.

I believe the original ammo for P210 was PP41, 124gr bullet, 350M/sec or 1150ft/sec, 2600 bar or 37,709 psi.

9mm NATO ammo is 124 gr, 36500 psi or 2516.58641 bar, so pretty close to the PP41 ammo.

+P is about 2655bar or 38,500psi, so a smidge over PP41. A '92 P210-6 is probably fine with +P... But I personally wouldn't do a steady dose of it just because...

I've shot 9mm NATO out of my Sig P210 and thought it was fine. Very smooth. Had no problems... Well, the only problem was me not being as accurate as the pistol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi there to All members and glad to be part of the community!!

I own a P210-6 Swiss made around 1992
Can anyone please tell me if its safe to use +P ammo with it?
Thanks
Safe but stupid. Avoid.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I use NATO in all my other Sigs, classic and striker fired. Punching paper with 210 at 25 yds., mostly powder puff loads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts