SIG Talk banner

P210-5 question for your collectors

2112 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Nardamian
P210-5 question for you collectors

I went to a gun store today and was shocked to find a LNIB P210-5, and for not a lot of money. The catch is that it did not have a 150 mm barrel like I thought it should. It had a 120 mm 30 luger barrel, with no serialization or markings on the barrel. That seems odd since I thought all P210-5 models have either a 180 or 150 mm barrel. The other weird thing is that it has a white dot front sight, and it didn't appear to be the right width for the slide. So my guess is that someone lost the 150mm barrel, put in a regular 120mm barrel, and installed a front sight.

That brings up a few questions:
  1. Were any P210-5s made with 120mm barrels?
  2. If I found a 150mm barrel, do they drop in or are they fitted?
  3. Should the correct barrel have a serial number on it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I think I've figured out the answers to #1 and #3 are yes and yes respectively. The combination of the non serialized barrel and incorrect sight really makes me think its missing the matching barrel. I'm still really interested in question #2, though. It would be a shame if this fabulous P210-5 stayed in its current condition.

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice gun. Difficult for me to believe somebody would 'lose' a barrel, especially on a gun like that?
Agreed. The only thing I can figure out is that they are a total pain in the butt to take down because you have to remove the front sight. Maybe they got lazy and put in a regular barrel. Or maybe they sold the barrel thinking they could replace it down the road. Who knows.

· Registered
19 Posts
P210-5 question for you collectors

I went to a gun store today and was shocked to find a LNIB P210-5, and for not a lot of money. The catch is that it did not have a 150 mm barrel like I thought it should. It had a 120 mm 30 luger barrel, with no serialization or markings on the barrel. That seems odd since I thought all P210-5 models have either a 180 or 150 mm barrel. The other weird thing is that it has a white dot front sight, and it didn't appear to be the right width for the slide. So my guess is that someone lost the 150mm barrel, put in a regular 120mm barrel, and installed a front sight.

That brings up a few questions:
  1. Were any P210-5s made with 120mm barrels?
  2. If I found a 150mm barrel, do they drop in or are they fitted?
  3. Should the correct barrel have a serial number on it?
- Do you have the photo?!? It seems to be missing from the thread now. -
Hope my late answer will bring some clarity anyway, too.

ALL P210s came out of the factory with full serial numbers stamped on the left side of the slide/frame/barrel chamber.
However, "conversions" i.e. slide + barrel AND extra standalone barrels were also manufactured and stamped with matching pistol serial numbers. BUT, some other conversions were manufactured as standalone kits, bearing their own serials, AND barrels from factory without any number stamped.
So, definitely, your 7,65 Para 5" barrel is a standalone addition to what the original (probably 6" barrel) was. Yes, there were a few "factory oddities" where P210-5 were fitted with 5" barrels (with matching serial numbers), but that should remain an exception.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.