SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P210-5 HF - Waffen Oschatz

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Classic12 
#1 ·
Revolver Trigger Air gun Wood Gun accessory

Air gun Wood Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Revolver Line Gun barrel

At first, the one with boring grips but interesting safety was just going to be a catch / release / flip.

Then I realized that it is actually a bit nicer than my current Waffen Oschatz 210-5 Heavy Frame. Their serial numbers are only 48 apart. Looks like the old one will go and the new one will stay.....or possibly both siblings will stay together.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes they are nice ;)

#9 ·
Both were converted by Waffen Oschatz to have the frame magazine release. On one of them they cut off the lanyard loop and used the corresponding grips without the cutout. On the other one they kept the loop and used the grips with matching 'window'.

Not sure why. Could have been just customer's request when the order was placed with Waffen Oschatz.

#14 ·
Both were converted by Waffen Oschatz to have the frame magazine release. On one of them they cut off the lanyard loop and used the corresponding grips without the cutout. On the other one they kept the loop and used the grips with matching 'window'.

Not sure why. Could have been just customer's request when the order was placed with Waffen Oschatz.
Similarly the P210-8 (designed by Leon Crottet of Waffen Crottet) retained the lanyard loop for the first series and removed it for the second series

Air gun Trigger Wood Material property Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

#16 · (Edited)
40 1st series with lanyard loop
200 2nd series without lanyard loop
1 P800000 produced after Sig lost one (they could not double a serial number)

View attachment 510204

241 in total

No idea abt the beaver tail, I didn’t even notice this.

But now, checking several 210-8 pictures, I believe the beaver tail might have been a post production upgrade by Leo Crottet.

The ad from which I pulled the picture mentions that the pistol was overhauled by Mr Crottet in October 2021

https://www.gebrauchtwaffen.com/ku...-beavertail-von-leon-crottet-neuwertig_i69234

Michael Zeleny has more knowledge, including some serial numbers

sig p210 heavy frame development ii

#22 ·
40 1st series with lanyard loop
200 2nd series without lanyard loop
1 P800000 produced after Sig lost one (they could not double a serial number)

View attachment 510204

241 in total

No idea abt the beaver tail, I didn’t even notice this.

But now, checking several 210-8 pictures, I believe the beaver tail might have been a post production upgrade by Leo Crottet.

The ad from which I pulled the picture mentions that the pistol was overhauled by Mr Crottet in October 2021

https://www.gebrauchtwaffen.com/kur...-beavertail-von-leon-crottet-neuwertig_i69234

Michael Zeleny has more knowledge, including some serial numbers

sig p210 heavy frame development ii
A few identically serial numbered SIG P210 pistol pairs are documented by Vetter. A few others are referenced in my article linked above.

At the going rates, that P210-8 was undervalued by half at CHF 19,500.00. Would that I had seen it in time.

#17 ·
Thank you.

wow...only 241 of them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.