SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm brand new to the Sig world and my P365XL.

My question is, in your experiences, how does the 365XL handle +P ammo? Specifically Hornady American Gunner 124 grain +P..
I have a Taurus PT111 G2. It can handle +P, but Taurus urges minimal use of the ammo. Of course, I read that after buying several boxes. Plus, what rounds I did shoot through the G2 didn't exactly make me dance an Irish jig.

So, is there anyone using this ammo in the 365's?

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
5,456 Posts
I shot a magazine of Underwood +P thru my P365X. It's a standard length (3.1 inches) and an XL grip frame.
The only problem I had was that the Gray Guns the back-strap of grip-frame is kinda rough. It handled the rounds just fine.
Better than I did.
As 9MM said it is rated for +P by Sig Sauer.
Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel

This is my EDC pistol.

·
Registered
655 Posts
yep, rated for +P, and both the 365 and XL handle it fine - but you do notice a sharper recoil impulse (a little more so with the 3.1 in barreled 365). That said, a steady diet of +P does tend to accelerate wear - so plan your spare parts accordingly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello all,

I'm brand new to the Sig world and my P365XL.

My question is, in your experiences, how does the 365XL handle +P ammo? Specifically Hornady American Gunner 124 grain +P..
I have a Taurus PT111 G2. It can handle +P, but Taurus urges minimal use of the ammo. Of course, I read that after buying several boxes. Plus, what rounds I did shoot through the G2 didn't exactly make me dance an Irish jig.

So, is there anyone using this ammo in the 365's?
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I use either Speer Gold Dot 124+p or Federal HST 147 in my P365X. I'd say the Speer "pops" a bit more in recoil, but that's about it.

I had a P365XL last year, and recall the same impression for the same ammo, albeit with the longer barrel the XL was even softer shooting than my current X.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I added a Holosun 507K green dot before going to the range today.
I shot a few of those Hornady 124 gr +Ps.
Didn't really notice a difference between 124 range ammo I was shooting and the +Ps.
I discovered I need some extra range time with that 507K though. I got it close, but not near as good with it as I was the open sights. That green dot doesn't pop back into the sight picture for me as well as the front sight does
Nothing more money and time won't fix. Then again, I dont have either. Lol.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ran some +P thru' a 365, for grits and shins. The manual said it would handle it, and it did.
It also bumped more than the standard, and carry (SIG 365) ammo; it took longer to get the sights and target back.
I've clocked my ammo, and both the reloads and carry ammo clock right around 1100'sec with 115 gr rounds. Both are easy to control, and I can get back on target quickly.
Has anyone clocked the +P out of a short barrel? How much would we actually gain? Three fifty sevens in a short barrel run into the same issue.
Moon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts