SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of making my P 365 a "P365X", I was getting my 12 rounders changed over to the new base plates and decided to give them a deep clean. They were full of a sticky brown gunk. They've been functioning fine, but I'm guessing they'll be even better now that all the gunk is gone, and they have a thin coat of ballistol on the springs.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would avoid any lubricant on the interior of the magazine. It will only serve to attect dust and dirt. Get a good magazine brush and clean them on a regular basis.

·
Registered
44 Posts
greetings...

dont know about the brown goo...
butts i can say the p365 mags do foul with a tiny amount of sand and dirt from a mag drop...

we have a set of training only reload and clearing mags that get opened up blown out wiped out with a dry cotton rag after every mag drop...

our carry mags have never fouled... all are free from oil and brown goo...

azj

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mags should always be cleaned ...... not as much as your firearm, but need a good cleaning now and then for reliability... Even before loading a brand new mag, it should be taken apart and cleaned!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I like to wipe out new mags with Hoppes, dry them thoro'ly, give them a spray of silicone, and, again, dry them thoro'ly. Seems to make 'em run smoother, but without any actual lube left in the mag.
Moon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts