SIG Talk banner

P 290 dissasembly

1053 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Jerrysea
Anyone having trouble dissasembling the P 290. Having trouble removing the slide lock pin
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,721 Posts
It takes a time or two to get familiar with it. Use the little tools they give you to hold the slide back and push the pin out. They're not essential but they help, especially in the beginning.

Reactions: Jeeper808

· Registered
560 Posts
I use the orange gizmodo. Lock the slide back and install it with the knobby end against the chamber. Release the slide and you can push the pin out with your thumbnail or a fountain pen or whatever. I actually like the orange piece better than the black piece that was designed to do the job.

Attachments

· Registered
35 Posts
There is an easy way.....with slide locked back...put left thumb under the beaver tail and hand over top slide...squeeze slide back a hair until you hear a click...push pin out....slowly release slide....done....if slide pin is tight use a pen to push out

· Registered
560 Posts
There is an easy way.....with slide locked back...put left thumb under the beaver tail and hand over top slide...squeeze slide back a hair until you hear a click...push pin out....slowly release slide....done....if slide pin is tight use a pen to push out
At my age I do not have the hand strength, nor the hearing, to use your method. My life has been all about physical labor around noisy machinery [farmer/rancher]. So, I have to learn work-arounds. Twenty years ago am sure your method would be easy. Now...if I can just remember where I put that orange thangy.

· Registered
2,742 Posts
There is a black plastic tool that comes with the gun. When fitted into the breach correctly the slide is in the exact position to remove the pin. The orange empty chamber tool is what is recommended to use to push the slide lock pin. Once moved it is not locked into place and the slide lock can be removed from the gun.

When placing the black tool, first lock slide back. Once the tool is in position release the slide by pulling it back and with hand still on slide let it move forward. If still not lined up the tool needs to be adjusted in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.