SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P239 Nitron with a DAK Trigger in 357 Sig.
I am planning on purchasing a 40 S&W barrel for it down the road.
Because of that I have been looking for 40 S&W magazines.
The Sig Store is Out so I've been looking on Ebay.
Found a couple back on May 31 in the old R W & B packaging for $64.00
Today I found Some New Old Stock with the Phosphate Finish that are marked Extreme Duty P which I'm figuring are Old Police Issue for $20.00 each with $7.20 shipping. I grabbed Four.
I know People say that they Use the Same 357 Sig Mag or 40 S&W Mag for either caliber, but both My 357 Sig Mags and 40 S&W Mags only have the Respective Caliber engraved on them. Now I'm wondering if I should have purchased more of the Phosphate ones Today. I have another Sig Pistol that only uses the Phosphate Mags but don't remember which one ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can run .357 in the .40 mags but not vice versa. Also TGS is my go to for P239 .357 8 round mags.

Peter

Reactions: xrlizard

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
For plinking/range fun you can run .357 and 9mm through the .40 mags. It might be beneficial for malfunction drills. For serious use (SD/HD duty) caliber specific mags are highly recommended.

When I ran my P229 with the 9mm x-change kit and .40/.357 mags, the slide locked back a few times even though there was still one round in the mag. Since I use the 9mm setup for range fun only I'm not worried about it.

For my wife's P239 we have mags for .40 and .357, we use the .40 mags also for .357 but ONLY at the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.