SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Hi, guys some one help me on this...

the guide rod on p239 fit on p228? :confused::confused:

thanks.. in advance,,,
007x, welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana, and as to answer your question, I'm going to say no. The 239 uses a shorter barrel, and a different type of recoil spring. The original P225/P6 had the same length barrel as the P228, so possibly could use the same guide rod, or one from a P229.

·
14,048 Posts
You need to insure you have the clearance, as the outside diameter of the flat wire spring may be larger than the internal area of the slide can handle. Also if the diameter of the 239s guide rod is smaller than the hole in the slide for its passage, then there won't be any stability for the rod, and then damage to both the rod, and spring could occur.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I always check the gun schematic at Brownells...if the part was interchangeable with other guns, under the part description "models" it would list all the Sigs it fits....the guide rod for P239 lists only P239.

Attachments

Reactions: TimKempAK

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
Hi, guys some one help me on this...

the guide rod on p239 fit on p228? :confused::confused:

thanks.. in advance,,,
I just planing to use a flat wire spring instead of the original...

thanks 4 u advice,,,
About the only thing I can think of that those two pistols have in common is that they are both SIGs. My money is on it NOT working.

EDIT: OK, you made me look. Not wanting to just provide a rather snarky response (sorry about that), I tried installing a P239 guide rod and flat recoil spring in a P229 slide (similar enough to a 228 for this purpose). As Willard suggested above, the 239 guide rod is shorter and does not extend into the opening in the 229 slide. IMO, that is a NO-GO as the rod will likely misalign during firing and prevent the slide from recoiling. There are quite likely other issues, but that is as far as I went.

·
14,048 Posts
007x, nice looking older model... do you know if those are factory nickeled components?

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
P239--3.6" barrel
P228--3.9" barrel

Just by looking at the barrel length you can see the guide rods are probably also different lengths. As others said, the p239 has a skinny guide rod diameter. I think the only parts that are interchangeable are the sear and safety lever, and maybe the decocker spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.