SIG Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,016 Posts
Where did you find those grips and grip screws?
Those G-10s were OEM on the Elites. They were made by Spaulding Composites Incorporated for Sig, here's the photo of the inside data... the grip screws are known as Grip-Screw-4, used on P229s, and are Torx.

Sig did have them on their website, but currently not there. You may want to check ebay, or Gun Broker.
DSCN2362.JPG

Reactions: jkallner

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I received a reply from Sig on a SRT for the 226 SAO and they do not offer it and referred me to the custom shop. They did not answer my Q about grip compatibility.

·
11,016 Posts
I received a reply from Sig on a SRT for the 226 SAO and they do not offer it and referred me to the custom shop. They did not answer my Q about grip compatibility.
Do you physically have this pistol? If you do, when was it's date of manufacture? There isn't an easy way to tell if it has the SRT, you basically need to remove the right side safety lever, to be able to see enough of the Sear and Safety Lever, to see which you have.

I'll break one of mine down later this morning, to show you what to look for. This is what the SRT Safety Lever looks like...
SAOSRT.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks, but it's in a LGS and for sure it does not have the SRT, well if it's in the same universe as my X5 is anyway.

·
11,016 Posts
Thanks, but it's in a LGS and for sure it does not have the SRT, well if it's in the same universe as my X5 is anyway.
If it's got the case, with a DOM after at least March 2019, it will likely have the SRT, but it won't have an adjustable trigger, so you don't have the "over-travel" adjustment to stop the trigger's rearward movement, after it releases the Hammer. Besides it's at least $1000 less than an X5 to begin with, and a "production" piece, not a "Custom Shop" version!
DSCN2372 (2)_LI.jpg

Here's the OEM Triggers

SAO OEM1.JPG

SAO OEM2.JPG

Reactions: gnappi
21 - 25 of 25 Posts