SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have an itch for a P220 SA 45 ACP. It will be for range fun only.
Option #1. P 220 Super Match two tone 5" match barrel. Available now at a good price.
Option #2. P220 Legion. Wait until It is released by SIG !!!!!!!

What would you do ?

Resident Armorer Premium Member

Attachments

Registered
I would get the Super Match and get the Legion if/when it appears.

I was looking at that same one at CDNN today. It would be a good choice!

Resident Armorer Premium Member
YES ! and I think it is a decent price for a new one.
If you can believe the advertising, basically $1000 for a $1500 gun, I'd say it's a good deal, saving $500, although most places don't charge MSRP, it's still a great price for what your getting. Basically a Custom Shop "product"!

If you can afford 2... send me one!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
If you can believe the advertising, basically $1000 for a $1500 gun, I'd say it's a good deal, saving $500, although most places don't charge MSRP, it's still a great price for what your getting. Basically a Custom Shop "product"!

If you can afford 2... send me one!
It appears that SIG has discontinued this model. They do not list any P220 SAO exceot for the P220 Hunter in 10mm, no 45ACP SAO.
If you are ever in South Florida send me a PM and we can share it at the range.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for all the advice but I changed my mind at the very last minute.
The P220 Super Match is a great gun but it is also a WANT not a need. I have plenty of SIGs and others. Thanks to a member in another thread, he informed me on the correct procedure how to purchase a suppressor.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/119314-threaded-barrels.html

A suppressor would rate as a NEED for my for HD P229 with a threaded barrel and Viridian light/laser that I already own. Suppressed fire inside the house should I ever need to will be great for my hearing. So I am going to begin the long, expensive and tedious journey to purchase a suppressor instead of the P220 for now. I'll probably will be sorry for the missed opportunity. It's only money.
Thanks for listening to my rant.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
A suppressor is a need?????

Who knew?
Try a couple of double taps in the bedroom or anywhere in the house and your eardrums will hate you !!!!!!

As far as a NEED. My old logical mind told me so.:p

Registered
Try a couple of double taps in the bedroom or anywhere in the house and your eardrums will hate you !!!!!!

As far as a NEED. My old logical mind told me so.:p
If I do them in the heat of the moment, like a gunfight, my ears will perceiving the sound as occurring around 100 yards away and they'll be fine afterwards. I know this from experience. Not indoors, but it doesn't make a lot of difference when you're in a fight. Look up auditory exclusion.

If I do it just for the heck of it (fat chance) then yes, my eardrums will hate me.

Registered
Just remembered something else.

I once fired a suppressed MP5 indoors without muffs. It was supersonic ammo, not subsonic.

One 3 round burst convinced me that a 9MM suppressor is useless indoors unless using subsonic ammo and perhaps even then it's not worth the money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts