SIG Talk banner

P-210 recoil spring

2925 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  PVK
Hi all,
I have read and heard that on Swiss made P-210, the captured recoil spring is good forever ( like 50 000 rounds or more ). Is that true? And what about the German P-210 Legend? Is the captured recoil spring as durable?

Opinions and experiences welcome

Thanks

Gilbert
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
I have read posts by Michael Zeleny of the Swiss P210 going 250,000 rounds on the same spring. Another expert on the P210 has 450,000 rounds through his Swiss competition P210 with only 3 spring changes. I bought my P210-6 from him and asked that question specifically. Unfortunately, I do not know about the Legend P210.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer Rio Laxas.
I have experience with the Swiss P-210's and having recently bought a German Legend version, I am quite impressed with the gun. It looks very solidly built and the captured recoil spring is quite alike the original Swiss ones. I was just wondering if someone has ideas of its durability.

Thanks

Gilbert

· Registered
85 Posts
I have experience with the Swiss P-210's and having recently bought a German Legend version, I am quite impressed with the gun. It looks very solidly built and the captured recoil spring is quite alike the original Swiss ones. I was just wondering if someone has ideas of its durability.

Thanks

Gilbert
congrats. .... great pistol. absolutely love mine

· Registered
74 Posts

Thanks

Gilbert
I am certainly unqualified to answer that question, but Michael Zeleny has this to say in the last post of this thread: http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/22420-replacing-p210-recoil-spring.html

northwind said:
Zeleny.....Thanks for the info. In your experience, at what round count would you replace the recoil spring. 3000, 5000?
zeleny said:
In the Swiss original, never. The P49 armorer's kit contains no recoil springs.

In a German replica -- who knows?
Wish I could be more help, but there does not seem to be a wealth of information on this topic.

· Registered
951 Posts
Hello bspring, due to the paucity of both Swiss and German P210 replacement parts, appreciate the info about the CZ75 recoil spring.

BTW, been doing some looking and measuring. Sure looks like some of the parts for P210s would function in either the Swiss or German guns with little or no fitting, including the recoil spring assy.......

· Registered
441 Posts
I have a Sig P210 M/49 produced in 1952 by Sig Neuhausen Switzerland...I bought it surplus from the Danish army in 2001. I shoot 50 rounds every second week...the original spring is still on it and I experience no flaws whatsoever. In my case the forever-lasting-spring theory seems to concur.

contact the Gun factory in Zurich: https://www.gunfactory.ch/index.htm
They might still have some original springs for sale, they are very helpful

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.