SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.

before i did notice, the double click on the trigger...and maybe correlated with the new compact frame small. (the stock is compact medium)

i investigated, inside the new frame and differences between the new and stock frame.

both are gen 2 frame, and my p320 is a 2017 manufactured.

in the new frame, is soo hard to push the FCU into the frame, and the take down laver is soo tight to twist. and of course, a double click when i fire it, with FTF and FAil to reset.

is like a out of spec frame, inside in not the same.

i try to attach same photos of this.

the photo with the red circle is the "new" frame, is the SMALL one.

the other, is the medium stock frame from my p320.

here is noticeable, the difference, in the small there are a little milling, circle , i don't know how i can call this, is inside the red circle.

the medium one, is flush, flat and larger.

i think the trigger bar hit the frame and couse FTF with fail to reset!

this is the link of the photos:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Amkxv5faYGi5gQHiYPjtm44aoGn1

please help me, i like the small frame, but doesn't work! why made a modular pistol if you can't use another frame?!

thank you !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting that you posted this as I just got my new small modular grip this week and I played he!! trying to get the take down lever to go through. But like anything that is to tight, I removed it, lubed it, and reinstalled. Yes it's tight but not impossible to install. I will also admit that the FCU was tight, but better tight than loose. I have not noticed a any double clicking when dry firing it and I won't make it to the range for at least another two weeks. I'll post up any failures that I experience.

Reactions: stefanomapo

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
My first 320 was a full size rx medium gen 2 grip module and the take down lever was near impossible to rotate. I spent considerable time trying to diagnose the problem. I think it was the grip was the culprit. The FCU was a bit difficult to insert compared to the other 320's I purchased later. What really drew my attention is the module is that it seems a tiny bit twisted. If you take just the grip module and lay it upside down on a flat surface it will rock just a bit as if it were twisted. I have two other 320's without a TDL problem. My original 320 works fine now as well after generous lube and lots of shooting.
I think the grip module just warped a little when it came out of the old vac-u-form.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, not a really problem, for the installing issue, is alittle bit more tight ti inserto but is ok, maybe the take down lever with time and shooting will be fixed, but i think the true problem is the DOUBLE CLICK and a correlated fail to fire/fail to reset.

is like, the tiny frame make pressure on trigger bar or trigger bar spring and change the way of activate the sear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.