SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Original Plastic P938 Trigger feels "Gritty "!

795 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Michael12 
#1 · (Edited)
I just changed out the hammer spring from Galloway to soften up the trigger pull slightly and the new trigger from W Engineering USA because I didn't like the trigger design from Galloway. People make comments about how the plastic trigger from SIg feels gritty, now I know why. The trigger return spring rubs up and down against the plastic body inside the trigger chattering. I had the trigger out of the gun and before I took the swingarm off the trigger body I had it in my hand and could move the lever up-and-down, not only can you feel it but you can hear it. After I reassembled the pistol and tried dry firing it there is absolutely no comparison to what it felt like before. My trigger was so stiff that it actually made it hard to stay on target when I pulled the trigger and now it feels like a baby's butt. Honestly in this price range I think a better trigger is in order. I really really like this pistol and it's probably the most concealable and reliable weapon available that looks really good too!

#2 · (Edited)
Need a little more info
Did you do anything other than just change out the hammer spring to a Galloway, and trigger with the W Engineering one? Are you saying the Galloway spring is a good change?

In another thread, Bumper discusses at length shortening the trigger spring and somehow adding a ball bearing. Sounds slik -- but I am not sure I am talented enough to attempt this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.