SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a proud owner of two Sig Sauer pistols now and I'm so close to buying a P229 that I can smell it.

Since I guess I'm hooked, I've been thinking about a real live German Sig with the stamping marks and the more European look. I wouldn't mind having a piece of Sig history.

The P6 is interesting to me, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Registered
The coolest SIG I know is an older P220 in 30 Luger or 38 Super with European mag release. Here's one with a unique front end of the slide. I believe it's called a dolphin nose or porpoise nose. I'd love to own one of these. I don't believe they are that expensive. I found this pic online:

Registered
Aside from the puny round (commence caliber war), the P232 is actually the most fun pistol I own. I prefer the P226 and P229 for legitimate uses...but for pure, guilty, range pleasure, the P232 puts a smile on my face like no other. It's blindingly fast, like a pocket machine gun, with a healthy snap to it that is strangely controllable. The small magazine goes so fast, but is so much fun, that it's like putting quarters in an arcade game. It also has going for it that it's the sexiest looking pistol ever invented.

That would be my pick.

馃帠USAF Veteran
The coolest SIG I know is an older P220 in 30 Luger or 38 Super with European mag release. Here's one with a unique front end of the slide. I believe it's called a dolphin nose or porpoise nose. I'd love to own one of these. I don't believe they are that expensive. I found this pic online:

The P220 in 38 Super is hardly an easy find and in NIB or LNIB your going to pay a pretty penny.

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Sig P210
Firearm Gun Trigger Ranged weapon Gun accessory

Registered
West German 228 with original box, manual, and test target.

Reactions: jerman

Banned
Sig P226.

Registered
I'm not sure what is cool to you, but the P229 you mention is high on my list. I have a M11A1 and really want a P229 in 357 Sig.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the first question is "what can you afford?" There are a lot of stopping points between 300 and 10,000 dollars.
It's a lot closer to the former then it is to the latter. :D. I guess there are people on this earth who buy $10,000 handguns, but I don't think I've ever made their acquaintance.

P228 Sherpa
I'm a proud owner of two Sig Sauer pistols now and I'm so close to buying a P229 that I can smell it.

Since I guess I'm hooked, I've been thinking about a real live German Sig with the stamping marks and the more European look. I wouldn't mind having a piece of Sig history.

The P6 is interesting to me, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
It's a lot closer to the former then it is to the latter. :D. I guess there are people on this earth who buy $10,000 handguns, but I don't think I've ever made their acquaintance.
W. German P220
W. German P225
W. German P228

Resident Armorer Premium Member

Registered
220 in 9 MM is fun. Have one made in 76 imported by Hawes. Not the price of the 30 Luger or 38 Super but still relatively affordable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.