SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Opinions needed on a trade

Tags
p226 p229 trade
2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  P220carryguy 
#1 ·
I found someone who was interested in trading their P226 scorpion elite TB for my P229 SAS. Mine comes with a new .40 barrel, a ported .40 barrel, blackhawk holster, 3 mags, new sights (#8 green rear/ #6 red front), additional siglite night sights and hogue grips with 20rds of critical defense and a couple of fmj target rnds. I don't know what he has but I'm guessing it's stock. I've always been wanting the P226 for a while now but I'm interested in your opinions to see if it'll be a fair trade or not.

#2 ·
I don t mean to sound cliche, but in trades the monetary value goes out the door. It is more based on the want or need. The scorpion is a nice package. You are not losing quality. What I would take into consideration is the wear and number of magazines. Yours does come with some extras, but how bad do you want the p226.

#4 ·
I agree. Either you want it, and what you lose (you have more goodies to go than he does it sounds like) is worth the change in model, or you don't. Most trades are emotional, not value based, which is fine. I've made a few trades that on paper didn't make the best sense, but I am extremely happy. Trading can be fun, and it started as a kid. We wheeled and dealed hot wheels cars all the time! The trade was more fun than the play.
If the 226 is in great shape and you want it, get it. Don't do it if you are getting a problemed gun. At that point, back up a step, start hunting for a 226 in better shape, and offer your stuff in trade or sell it outright. Sometimes an impromptu trade will get your mind going and push you to decide about a new gun. Or, sometimes it solidifies that you want to keep what you have. Either way, have fun! That's what it's about, to me.

#5 · (Edited)
Sounds like you have more invested in the 229 than a new 226.
I would trade gun for gun and sell the parts separate, or sell the package for what it's worth and buy a 226.
Really I would keep the 229 and find an opportunity 226. I have found over the years that there are lots of people that buy nice guns, shoot a box or three, and become bored with it. Sets around for year or 4 and then sells for a great price.

I have 6 real nice Sigs, and 5 were very lightly used. I found a 95 German 220 that I thought was a needle in a haystack, and inside of a month saw 3 just like it for sale.

Your 229 parts would sell easy enough here in classifieds. depending on age, I would talk on the Sig sights.
Best of luck with it and enjoy.

Reactions: th3ug1y0n3
#6 ·
Thanks for all your opinions! I've always had an eye for the 226 and had no idea a 229 would be such fun. I love my 229 and as you can see I've invested into it and plan to do more upgrades in the future if this trades does not go through. For myself, I got the 229 from a trade. This pistol was what set my standards to stick with SIG products. The quality, reliability and overall performance proved top notched compared to my other previous pistols. (Glock31c, XD40). I am just wondering if the 226 9mm scorpion would be an upgrade since I am more into competition shooting and home defense needs.

#11 ·
That makes it simple. You need an X5 or X6. :D

#12 ·
You want upgrades? I say keep yours, get a .357sig barrel. Extremelly accurate round (competition) and immense stopping power (home defense). I say that as an opinion of my own though. hodge and theuglyone (think that's close enough) nailed it. Go with what you truly want. You'll probably end up with both one way or another.

Sent via mobile interwebs surfer

Reactions: Toupolo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.