SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to bite the bullet and make an order for powder online.

At this point it seems that Powder Valley is the lowest cost.

Can anyone provide feedback on this company? So far, their prices look okay, but their website is antiquated, and freight cost are not clear up front. How are they to do business with?

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
I have never purchased any reloading components online as there's always an adequate supply at reasonable prices wherever I have lived.

However, I go on a number of different boards and have heard a lot of positive feedback for Powder Valley and little to no negative feedback, so I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never purchased any reloading components online as there's always an adequate supply at reasonable prices wherever I have lived.

However, I go on a number of different boards and have heard a lot of positive feedback for Powder Valley and little to no negative feedback, so I'd say go for it.
I went to a local gun shop yesterday and he had some bullseye. First time I had seen any in a very long time. His price was $36. a pound! I could not believe it. Needless to say, I left the shop without it.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I have been buying large amounts of powder and primers from PV always 48-50 pounds at a time.
Shipping hazmat and insurance is $55.00 total or about.
It says 48LBs max but you can go 49 or 50 if it is full boxes. Like: 40 pounds of one pound cans 10 in a case of the same powder and 2 bricks of primers 5K each.
Hope that makes sense

They are very dependable and have always got it right and packed it well.
It is hard to pay $36.00 plus tax for Bullseye when it is $18.95 at PV

See if any friends want to go in on an order to split shipping.

Think about how much you may need (powder and primers) then triple that, seriously.
Don't believe anyone that says you can not ship primers and powder in the same order. Of the 20 or more orders (now think about that a minute X50LBs LOL) very few have been either all primers or all powder like 10% at most

Bullseye is good stuff but dirty by today's standard. I switched (after 15+ years) to Ramshot ZIP and it is my favorite pistol powder.

What calibers are you loading?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Another vote for PV being good to go. If i remember it took well over a week to get it. But its darn near across the country. As of late i have been ordering in state from Evergladesammo.com. Last order for 16 lbs was ordered on a monday morning and delivered on wednesday at lunch!!!! Granted its only a 5 hour drive but 2 days for a hazmat delivery is nice all things considered. All their stuff seems decently priced and they always ship fast.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
IMO ZIP is the best 9MM powder again, IMO.
I also like it best for 45ACP (as well as IMR 7625 now discontinued) for loads that are medium to hotter as it pushes more than snaps so I feel has suprior recoil charactoristics
I bought 8LBs of Hogdon Titegroup strictly for 45ACP and it is very economical but best for lighter loads again IMO

ZIP can also be used in 357Sig but would not be my first choice if that was a primary caliber but if I mostly shot 9 and 45 and some 357Sig I would be happy with ZIP

I was happy with Bullseye, Unique as well as W231 (Hogdon HP38 is actually W231 in a different labeled container) and I have tried many other powders and if used for what was intended all do a good job but ZIP is my favorite all around

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.