SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
For painting a slide split pea soup color & bead blasting other parts-

TJ needs & deserves & apparently has missed out on a few well deserved good ole CURB STOMPIN's

·
Registered
160 Posts
as terrible as it is to do that to a 228...did you see what TJ did to the 220 they also have for auction?? sad, shameful, horrendous...

·
Registered
168 Posts
As a American General once said, That look's like it would be carried by pimp from a New Orleans's ***** house!

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I asked seller to show me where on the gun it says West Germany, he showed the blow up view of the slide claiming it says "MADE IN W.GERMANY" but it's hard to see because of the Teflon coating. I told him no, it just says "Made In Germany". I explained to him that there was no longer "Made In W. Germany" rollmark on the P228 after 1995, and that his gun, based on the serial # B305xxx, was made in about 2001. He thanked me for the explanation but still insists that "the gun was in fact made in West Germany."

Even Spock can't contain his emotion.

·
Registered
18,264 Posts
He thanked me for the explanation but still insists that "the gun was in fact made in West Germany."
That's funny.

I'll occasionally email a seller about an item they have listed wrong. Usually it's a magazine for a different gun than they have it listed for. More times than not it's P226/P228 confusion. It's amazing how often they will argue with me about it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I give it five points for imagination. Whoever thought spray-on bed liner could make it as a slide finish? I’m old, I twitch a little (a little more if I’m sober for more than four hours straight). But I think I could do a better job setting a roll pin. If I was grading this, it would get an “A” for Abomination.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts