SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Gun: For whatever reason, you can only have one. What is it and why?

6K views 59 replies 54 participants last post by  Spookster 
#1 ·
Who knows what the future holds, but for legal, economic and/or other reasons, if things became so desperate that you had to go down to one gun, what would it be and why? Whatever you choose (pistol, rifle, shotgun etc.), it has to be from your current inventory. If you want to also add a gun you don't currently own but you'd like for that situation, certainly mention that as well.

#57 ·
The Glock 19 would be my choice..for the reasons above....even though I sold ALL my Glocks (except the one I was given when I retired--Glock 22 with well over 100,000 rounds fired in 25 years as a SWAT Officer). I never liked the grip angle of the Glock Pistol. My carry nowadays is SIG P 320/P 365.

#7 ·
My Glock 48. It is reliable, accurate and concealable, with a decent sight radius, shooting a common ammunition type. 10 round mags available in most local gun stores, in the event of further legal shenanigans. Huge aftermarket. Low maintenance needs. Straightforward complete disassembly, only needing a punch, with easy availability of spare parts.

#10 ·
It seems implausible to me that legislated limitations to one firearm per person would not also include severe restrictions against "deadly military-style assault weapons", high capacity handgun mags (or perhaps even against handguns themselves), or possibly banning of all center-fire weapons, long or short. But taking the OP's question at face value, I guess I'd opt for my Glock Gen. 2 Mod. 19 with a standard capacity mag in the pistol and Mod. 17 mags and/or factory 33-round mags in reserve. I do have some 10 round mags for that pistol as well, JIC.

#14 ·
If it is truly just 1 firearm - then G19 (my gen 4). Very robust under all conditions, plus parts and mags are everywhere, and easy to maintain. It shoots virtually any ammo (you may find) as well. And concealable (which may, or may not matter - but it does if needed) - so you can take it everywhere if you choose to. For sure it lacks some of the benefits of a 12 ga, or a AR15 - but they come with too many tradeoffs for me (personally).

#18 ·
I normally don't participate in these, as it's too hard for me to choose. However, name brands, pretties, high ends, and collectables aside, pistol wise . . . probably my G19 Gen4 for battle proven reliability and no special care; shotgun wise . . . my Vepr 12ga w/25rd drum and high cap mags for
bad a z z; rifle wise . . . one of my SCAR 17's and 16s for my wife. So, still a tough choice between them if only one :mellow:.

Reactions: LSJones
#19 · (Edited)
If I had to walk out the door with one gun and I didn't know the situation, I'd take my M1 Garand. The range to reach out and touch someone well out of handgun or scatter gun range, the stopping power of 30.06, 8 rounds per clip, and the full force of the arsenal of democracy behind it....there is simply nothing else in my cabinet that I could choose. Oh....and I'd fix the bayonet too. Just in case things got up close and personal.

Phil

#21 ·
My Dan Wesson .357 magnum. 6" heavy barrel to maximize velocity and minimize recoil and muzzle flash. 125 gr serrated jacketed hollow points for defense. 180 gr Truncated Nose Solid Points for bigger predators. 148 gr .38 wad cutters for smaller game.

Good for 3 - 50 yards.

Single action for longer more precise shots. Double action for CQB. Optional 2.5" barrel for concealed carry. Same gun - 2 barrels.

I certainly like the idea of a 12 ga. (Benelli) but it is too big for 24/7 carry. I am a big fan of the Sig 516 Patrol - but again not if I only get 1.

Dan Wesson .357 magnum for me.

#29 ·
If only "allowed" 1 firearm, I guess it would be this one... a Stag-15 stripped AR lower with a Geissele SSA trigger assembly, and "Quality Parts" ("Old" Bushmaster) small parts. A S&W 14.5", 1:7", 4150 CMV barreled upper with pinned Vortex Flash Suppressor, and Bolt/Carrier assembly with BCM Charging Handle. Mag Pul furniture and sling, Daniel Defense rear sight, and Bushnell RDS, with an Aimpoint "Back Up". Sporting a Streamlight flashlight.

Depending on scenario, 5.56 NATO ammunition from M193 ball, to 77 grain Mk262 available, including some "Barnes" projectile "lead free" numbers.

Attachments

Reactions: Lonewolf McQuade
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.