SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows what the future holds, but for legal, economic and/or other reasons, if things became so desperate that you had to go down to one gun, what would it be and why? Whatever you choose (pistol, rifle, shotgun etc.), it has to be from your current inventory. If you want to also add a gun you don't currently own but you'd like for that situation, certainly mention that as well.

Reactions: Lonewolf McQuade

·
Registered
15 Posts
My choice would be a 12 gauge pump gun but your scenario also highlights the modularity of the 320 FCU. Pick your caliber(s), pick your size(s). You can have them all. It’s still ONE gun.

I agree if only one gun, 12 gauge pump gun is best one gun scenario although might be a little difficult for IWB carry... lol. But seriously great home PDW, truck gun, and would put food on the table if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
My Glock 48. It is reliable, accurate and concealable, with a decent sight radius, shooting a common ammunition type. 10 round mags available in most local gun stores, in the event of further legal shenanigans. Huge aftermarket. Low maintenance needs. Straightforward complete disassembly, only needing a punch, with easy availability of spare parts.

·
Banned
909 Posts
I agree if only one gun, 12 gauge pump gun is best one gun scenario although might be a little difficult for IWB carry... lol. But seriously great home PDW, truck gun, and would put food on the table if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely the 12 ga would have to be on everyone's top 5 list if not at the top. When the mid-west and west were settled by our forefathers the shotgun was almost university in every cabin.

They were in a life or death survival situation during the entire process and they knew that. For them that was not a hypothetical question.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It seems implausible to me that legislated limitations to one firearm per person would not also include severe restrictions against "deadly military-style assault weapons", high capacity handgun mags (or perhaps even against handguns themselves), or possibly banning of all center-fire weapons, long or short. But taking the OP's question at face value, I guess I'd opt for my Glock Gen. 2 Mod. 19 with a standard capacity mag in the pistol and Mod. 17 mags and/or factory 33-round mags in reserve. I do have some 10 round mags for that pistol as well, JIC.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If it is truly just 1 firearm - then G19 (my gen 4). Very robust under all conditions, plus parts and mags are everywhere, and easy to maintain. It shoots virtually any ammo (you may find) as well. And concealable (which may, or may not matter - but it does if needed) - so you can take it everywhere if you choose to. For sure it lacks some of the benefits of a 12 ga, or a AR15 - but they come with too many tradeoffs for me (personally).

·
Registered
681 Posts
For strictly HD my Mossy 590 12 Gauge Shockwave Shorty with TLR Laser/light.
But considering carry too...... IF it's gotta be ONE Bad-Ask Gun that will get everything done: FN-FNX-45 Tactical 15+1 of 45ACP

·
Registered
20,724 Posts
I normally don't participate in these, as it's too hard for me to choose. However, name brands, pretties, high ends, and collectables aside, pistol wise . . . probably my G19 Gen4 for battle proven reliability and no special care; shotgun wise . . . my Vepr 12ga w/25rd drum and high cap mags for
bad a z z; rifle wise . . . one of my SCAR 17's and 16s for my wife. So, still a tough choice between them if only one :mellow:.

Reactions: LSJones

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I had to walk out the door with one gun and I didn't know the situation, I'd take my M1 Garand. The range to reach out and touch someone well out of handgun or scatter gun range, the stopping power of 30.06, 8 rounds per clip, and the full force of the arsenal of democracy behind it....there is simply nothing else in my cabinet that I could choose. Oh....and I'd fix the bayonet too. Just in case things got up close and personal.

Phil

1 - 20 of 60 Posts