SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As ammo shortages continue I've not gotten a lot of range time with my P365. Have an opportunity to purchase from a reputable company, just don't want to take any dumb chances.

Registered
It is fine - just stay away from steel case ammo - new or remanufactured.
Thanks. Good to know. Desperate times call for desperate measures but I don鈥檛 want to damage anything.

Reactions: jkallner

Registered
As ammo shortages continue I've not gotten a lot of range time with my P365. Have an opportunity to purchase from a reputable company, just don't want to take any dumb chances.
I've used hundreds of once fired brass rounds, including my own reloads, in my P365 with zero issues. You'll be fine.

Registered
The P365 is not a picky gun when it comes to ammo. I have ran several brands of ammo with no issues. But I do stay away from steel case.

Registered
Absolutely fine with it. When my sis got hers, they would only sell her one box of 50 per caliber per visit, so when that was gone, I handed her 100 of my favorite loads and she had at it. Zero malfunctions, great little shooter. 馃憤

Registered
I don鈥檛 know. Eveeyone here is telling you it鈥檚 fine, but they are shooting out of their guns? No. It鈥檚 your fingers and eyes man!

It鈥檚 definitely OK if the case came from 9x19 NATO, but if it鈥檚 9x19 Luger you are on your own bro! 9x19 Parabellum might be ok, but I can鈥檛 understand Latin.

Trust me, I learned everything I know about guns from forums!

Registered
Any once fired brass case from a reputable manufacturer is fine for reloading.

Tawcat, are you buying the brass or reloaded ammo?

Premium Member
I don鈥檛 know. Eveeyone here is telling you it鈥檚 fine, but they are shooting out of their guns? No. It鈥檚 your fingers and eyes man!

It鈥檚 definitely OK if the case came from 9x19 NATO, but if it鈥檚 9x19 Luger you are on your own bro! 9x19 Parabellum might be ok, but I can鈥檛 understand Latin.

Trust me, I learned everything I know about guns from forums!
What are the differences between the 9x19 NATO, 9x19 Luger and parabellum? Whats wrong with the 9x19 Luger? What makes 9x19 NATO okay and not with the others you mentioned?

I have reloaded and shot different headstamp of 9x19 without any problems at all.

Registered
The only reloads I shoot are my own. Problem is, primers are selling for what about what loaded ammo used to go for. I quit reloading many years ago, as I could buy 9mm by the case- delivered - much cheaper than what it cost me to take time away from work or family. I could be shooting, too... Now, a thousand rounds is almost $1K. I could crank that many rounds out in a little over an hour on my Dillon, but... I sold my Dillon, last year, too. Oh well. Live and Learn - again.

Registered
I no longer see the savings in reloading. Component prices have gotten too expensive to realize the same savings we saw in the past. I fear this will be the new normal, especially under the new administration.

Registered
9x19 Luger and 9x19 Parabellum are the same thing! Look it up if you don't believe me. The 9x19 NATO is basically a +P load with military specifications.

I read somewhere that the 9mm NATO round is somewhere in between standard pressure and +P loadings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member

Registered
I no longer see the savings in reloading. Component prices have gotten too expensive to realize the same savings we saw in the past. I fear this will be the new normal, especially under the new administration.
Still pretty cheap to reload for me. It figures out to 14 cents a round:
$89 - 1000 115gr 9mm bullets (RMR) - 9 cents per round
$40 - 1000 small pistol primers (that's what I've been paying locally lately for CCI) - 4 cents per round
$150 - 8lbs powder (4gr per load) - 1 cent per round
$0 for cases, I have 1000's and 1000's of them, mostly range pickups

And the best part is, this isn't crappy bulk ammo, like most of the lower price ammo is. I can tweak loads for a particular gun, adjust recoil, reduce muzzle flash, run clean powders, etc. I compare my reloads more toward the higher end of range ammo, so the price per round compare really adds up there.

As to the original question, reloads are fine as long as they are done right. That's about all my 365 has ever shot and they work very well.

Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
Yes, no problem with once fired brass in your P365.

Registered
If you're buying reloads, be sure to only deal with an experienced reloading company, properly licensed, and with a track record. The quality (and safety) of professionally reloaded ammunition needs to be at the same standards level as new ammunition, including inspection and quality control.

Recycling used cases makes sense, and is fine if it's done properly - including inspection for defects prior to reloading them.

If you're interested in reloading your own, consider taking the NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading course before you buy any equipment or components. You'll learn quite a bit about reloading safety, and have a better knowledge base when you consider presses and tools.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts