SIG Talk banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,288 Posts
My preference is for a hammer-fired SA/DA pistol. For striker-fired guns I'm comfortable with Glocks. And while those are my preferences, my needs are reliability and accuracy. I also have a lot of trigger time with 1911s so the SIG P938 was a natural fit. My accuracy with the P938 so far is lacking. We're a work in progress. People shoot different pistols with different levels of accuracy. I'm an old dog but I'm still capable of learning new tricks. If there is a better way of doing something I'm all in.

My leading contender for a CCW weapon right now is a P229 Compact. This is based on my love for the P226 and experience with the Glock 22 (full size) and Glock 23 (compact). Easier transition going from the full to compact size than learning a new system, so I find something I like and can shoot well and I stick with the platform.
Roger that, ras47. It might be helpful to edit your title- add the words "hammer fired".

Reactions: ras47

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I'm going to assume NJ still limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds.

But, do they prohibit you from carrying extra magazines?

I'm just curious. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a restriction come down the pipe soon, if one doesn't already exist.
My understanding is that you can carry as many magazines as you want, as long as they're no more than 10 rounds each. Somehow this makes sense to our illustrious lawmakers. You see, there is logic and there is New Jersey logic. The latter bears no resemblance whatsoever to the former. I believe there is something in the water here. A few of us seem to have a natural immunity. But not many of us.

I'll be loading the Critical Defense ammo if/when I get my CCW. I am likewise baffled on the prohibition on carrying hollow point ammunition. Legal at home, legal at the range, but you can't carry it with your CCW. The mind boggles. Maybe lawmakers here make their decisions based on a Twister spinner. "Ooh, it landed on red. BAN IT!!" Schmucks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My understanding is that you can carry as many magazines as you want, as long as they're no more than 10 rounds each. Somehow this makes sense to our illustrious lawmakers. You see, there is logic and there is New Jersey logic. The latter bears no resemblance whatsoever to the former. I believe there is something in the water here. A few of us seem to have a natural immunity. But not many of us.

I'll be loading the Critical Defense ammo if/when I get my CCW. I am likewise baffled on the prohibition on carrying hollow point ammunition. Legal at home, legal at the range, but you can't carry it with your CCW. The mind boggles. Maybe lawmakers here make their decisions based on a Twister spinner. "Ooh, it landed on red. BAN IT!!" Schmucks.
I don't miss NJ at all, and I wish you all luck. Hollowpoints have been an item of controversy and confusion there as long as I can remember. In the early '90's I had a cop tell me you can buy them, you can use them, but you just can't have them. I'm happy to no longer live under the strictures of New Jersey logic. The concept of CCW in NJ just boggles my mind, after decades of it being nothing but a dream. Please keep us posted as to its progress in NJ, please.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts