SIG Talk banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was - for a while. Glad I took the plunge. It sort of turns your little carry piece into something you feel good putting a few boxes through some afternoon. Definitely gives you something to hold on to. Good luck
I put the Wilson Combat grip on my P365XL. I shot it well, but even better with the WC Grip. The first time shooting it after the grip swap, I shot it the best I ever have. Just feels better in the hand.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So after you smoothed your grip with sand paper, how did it look? And what grit did you use? I was thinking the same thing, except you actually did it. I guess using a sanding block may make the appearance more uniform.
I went with a very fine grit oiled it, and spent my time knocking off the high points. Doesn't look any different at all but feels so much better.

·
🎖USN Retired
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I find that the roughest parts are the back strap and the very front of the grip. The "starburst" section for the fat part of your palm feels fine to me. Will do it soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Wilson Combat grip with tungsten weights greatly increased my confidence with the standard 10 round length 9mm. The palm swells gave me a much more solid grip. When I put the module on the 380 model it just made it ridiculously easy to hold on target during rapid fire. I would love to try an aluminum module for the feel, but I’m worried it won’t be as thick as the Wilson combat.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had remarked in the past, that my main reason for moving on from the P365 a couple times is just difficulty getting a good grip and draw. If I was firing the P365, it's very easy to shoot, even the tiny grip. Under controlled circumstances, and having a good initial grip. However, even after adding a good belt (which is vastly overlooked in the CCW community), I still had draw issues.

Several have told me to look seriously at the WC P365 standard module to remedy this issue. I just want to handle one before I purchase it, but it's not really sold at gun shops. I found that, even though I don't like "X-guns", the P365 with an XL grip module works, and I get two extra OEM rounds.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have one coming. Supposed to be here tomorrow. I have been wanting one since I put one on my 320. I really like it so hopefully will like this one too.

·
🎖USN Retired
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Love this grip module on my P365XL.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
That looks really cool on your XL. Doesn't look quite as good on the little basic 365. I like the fact that they made the mag release fit either side. Us lefties are tired of being hosed all the time:mad:

·
Registered
45 Posts
My thanks go out to the OP for addressing this issue. I was considering the WC grip frame because it looks so good, but after reading this post I think I would be better off sticking with the original grip on my P365. My reasoning is I have medium size hands, and I bought my P365 as a smaller option to my normal carry which is a 4" 1911 Compact 45. The P365 is my Texas summer IWB under a T-shirt carry option which replaced a S&W 340PD. I love the 11.4oz weight, but not the 5 shot limitation. 11 rounds of 147gr HST LE is a much better option in most cases, and disappears like the 340PD. Once again, thanks for reporting on your experience with the WC frame module. I'll keep doing what I'm doing for now.

·
Registered
978 Posts
For those considering a WC grip module, yesterday I switched out the weighted WC grip module back to OEM to see how much weight savings I actually had. Gun was loaded 12+1 with Speer Gold Dot 124+p. Same holster, obviously (JM CK AIWB 2.5 WC).

Weighing my rig, before and after, resulted in a net decrease of 49 grams, or 1.7 oz. The difference is perceptible, carrying.

Sleeve Rectangle Wood Font Gadget

String instrument accessory Font Guitar accessory Wood Gadget

41 - 53 of 53 Posts