SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My initial impression of the Wilson P365X grip module is that the texture was too aggressive. It took some getting use to. Feels great after using it some.
My friend and I both bought the WC grip modules for the P365 and lightly sanded the nubs on the grips and he was much happier. I tried it and it still wasn’t to my liking and I added Talon rubberized adhesive grips and I am more then satisfied now.

·
🎖USN Retired
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I like the Wilson Combat grip modules also.
My only request is that they make an manual safety model in FDE (they do make a non-MS FDE model). The black grip module comes in black and works well for me and I'm happy with it.
The WC grip modules permit the addition of weight in the GM. I find that the extra weight helps my shooting.
And, yes, I know that the material can be removed to make the non-MS FDE into a MS FDE GM.
What is FDE and GM?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
What is FDE and GM?
I purchased a P320C after shooting the one a retire LEO friend has, and liked his WC grip only a little better than the Sig grip. I liked the P320C enough to buy a second, and that allowed head-to-head comparison.
The WC does not feel "better" in my hand. However, after shooting with it a little, I did recognize a difference in how the WC felt to me.
I have a number of standard practice stages I use to hone, or test, my techniques. Age and its concomitant exigencies have slowed me in many ways, but my standardized stages let me check performance. Most must be shot "two to the chest, one to the head."
This one has five targets set chest-high. The first two consist of one either side at 35 feet from the shooting position, 45-degrees left and right. The second set is shot from between the first. They are also 35 feet from the shooting line, but 60-degrees off center. The fifth one is dead ahead and shot from between the second two. It is 45 feet from the firing line. The stage is shot three times.
I first ran it with my S&W M&P (1.0?), 357Sig. I can do this in my sleep.
Then with the P320C with Sig grip. The times were among the M&P times.
Finally, the Sig P320C with the WC grips. I feel three times through the stage don't lie. I was .5-seconds faster with the WC. But not more accurate.
Somewhat reluctantly I put the WC grip on my other P320C. After many more rounds down-rang I can say that for general shooting, the WC grip is more "comfortable," but I doubt they have improved my practical accuracy.

All guns are 357Sig.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gas Mesh
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Everyday carry Gun accessory Office supplies Metal Font
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gas Mesh
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Everyday carry Gun accessory Office supplies Metal Font

·
Registered
32 Posts
I figured I'd try one of the Wilson Combat grip modules and I'm glad that I did, though it was initially purchased for my P365XL, but found it's larger beavertail more appropriate/helpful on my standard P365 along with the FCU of the XL. The grip texture is a bit "hard", so I've spent some time s-l-o-w-l-y polishing it down by hand with a micro fiber cloth, and it's juuuuust about right for me now.

It's shown below with it's bigger brother, that's wearing the standard P365 grip module...along with a few NDZ Performance mag bases both handguns are a pretty righteous combination. YMMV.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
My initial impression of the Wilson P365X grip module is that the texture was too aggressive. It took some getting use to. Feels great after using it some.
Mine actually made my hand bleed when I shot it. Thats what I get for being a wussy. I just took a little sandpaper to the problem are and lightly knocked down the edges. Now its perfect. Easy fix.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I dont like the wilson on the p320. It does not reduce the bore axis like the x grip or axg, axg being my fav.

For the 365 it keeps that lower bore axis. I sanded down the front and back to where its comfortable but still grippy. Cant even tell by looking. Palm swells r fantastic. Shown them to 3 people and all 3 bought their own.

·
🎖USN Retired
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Mine actually made my hand bleed when I shot it. Thats what I get for being a wussy. I just took a little sandpaper to the problem are and lightly knocked down the edges. Now its perfect. Easy fix.
So after you smoothed your grip with sand paper, how did it look? And what grit did you use? I was thinking the same thing, except you actually did it. I guess using a sanding block may make the appearance more uniform.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
So after you smoothed your grip with sand paper, how did it look? And what grit did you use? I was thinking the same thing, except you actually did it.
It looks exactly the same. I just used the fine side of a sanding block which I think is 400 grit. It didnt take much effort. I also just did it in the problem areas. I put a little bit of baby power on my hand where it was irritating it and then gripped the gun. I hit the spots where the powder stuck.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts