SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I'm in no rush, and living in NY, I have that BS mag restriction to live with. Waiting for the 220 Legion is my plan. My question is about the trigger quality on the S/A model. I had a S/A .40 S&W X5 that I sold to streamline may calibers, and I was wondering if any of the Legion owners here also had a S/A X5 and could compare the two triggers? While the X5 trigger was very nice, I wouldn't call it the be all, and end all of S/A triggers. Thanks

·
Registered
745 Posts
I own a P226RX SAO and a P226 Legion SAO and find the triggers outstanding. Even better since I installed Wolff 17lb mainsprings. Have never shot an X5 though, so take this info for what it's worth.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
You have to register your mags ?
Who dreamt that up.....oh wait..
Ya gotta luv those fine folks n Albany.
Anyways good luck.
Restricted, not registered.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You have to register your mags ?
Who dreamt that up.....oh wait..
Ya gotta luv those fine folks n Albany.
Anyways good luck.
Yes, restricted not registered. If you are caught with higher capacity mags, you will at the very least lose your pistol license and have to turn in your pistols (since you lost your license). No LGS will sell or FFL will transfer any mags with higher than a 10-round capacity (unless you are LEO, etc.). We have to register the pistol and have it listed on our license.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Shot a legion for the first time at a Maryland base shooting range....Simply perfect....weight, balance, grip, sights and trigger...Close to, but not touching my dream gun....Wilson Combat!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Which X5 did you have?

It was an X5 Competition in .40 S&W. Very nice gun, but I never fell in love with the caliber.
NY has a 10 round restriction, somehow our fine politicians believe that punishing the legal owners will somehow keep the streets from getting shot up????
I picked up a P320 Carry in .45ACP for the same reason, great pistol btw. I was just wondering if the Legion was all that by comparing it to a pistol that's known to be somewhat superior.
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Yes, restricted not registered. If you are caught with higher capacity mags, you will at the very least lose your pistol license and have to turn in your pistols (since you lost your license). No LGS will sell or FFL will transfer any mags with higher than a 10-round capacity (unless you are LEO, etc.). We have to register the pistol and have it listed on our license.

My bad.
Let me try this agan.
Restricted mag, check.
Register pistol, check.
So can you list other pistols on your license ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only pistols that get put on our licenses are the ones we posses. My wife cannot co-list my pistols on her license, and vice-versa, so theoretically, I guess if I shot someone with her pistol, which is not on my license, I'd be in the proverbial "****". Hopefully we never find out.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I've shot 3 Legion SAO and owned a SAO P226 for a short period of time and currently own a few X5 variants and for me the X5's are the best triggers SIG has ever put in a gun. I took my Legion fund and bought a used X5. But every one has to choose for themselves.

·
Registered
178 Posts

The only pistols that get put on our licenses are the ones we posses. My wife cannot co-list my pistols on her license, and vice-versa, so theoretically, I guess if I shot someone with her pistol, which is not on my license, I'd be in the proverbial "****". Hopefully we never find out.
Gosh, and I thought that things were bad out here in Maryland! At least out here we can buy mags higher than 10-round capacity and bring them back into the state and not have to register them.

The Legion triggers are great, you'll love them.

Ferret33

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My wife and son gave me a 9mm 226 Legion SAO for Christmas.
It joined my 938 & 320 9mm with a 357 conversion kit.
A few weeks later a 226 357 Sig conversion kit and a mess of 357 & 9mm mags showed up.

I felt like a King when I went to the range with 200 rounds of 357 and 400 rounds of 9mm.
After shooting a couple mags thru the 938 and a few 9mm and 357 mags thru the 320 I finally picked up the 226.

At the end of the first 9mm mag, I put the 938 and 320 away and finished shooting the remainder of the 357 & 9mm ammo.
Then I went to the range store, purchased an additional 300 rounds of 9 mm, and ran it thru the Legion.

Needless to say, I love the Legion.
I can't explain it, but it just feels and shoots right.
It is one sweet gun.

I feel sorry for those people that haven't shot a 226 Legion.

Reactions: JimLob65

·
Registered
745 Posts
My wife and son gave me a 9mm 226 Legion SAO for Christmas.
It joined my 938 & 320 9mm with a 357 conversion kit.
A few weeks later a 226 357 Sig conversion kit and a mess of 357 & 9mm mags showed up.

I felt like a King when I went to the range with 200 rounds of 357 and 400 rounds of 9mm.
After shooting a couple mags thru the 938 and a few 9mm and 357 mags thru the 320 I finally picked up the 226.

At the end of the first 9mm mag, I put the 938 and 320 away and finished shooting the remainder of the 357 & 9mm ammo.
Then I went to the range store, purchased an additional 300 rounds of 9 mm, and ran it thru the Legion.

Needless to say, I love the Legion.
I can't explain it, but it just feels and shoots right.
It is one sweet gun.

I feel sorry for those people that haven't shot a 226 Legion.
What a great gift!! I own both P226 Legion models, and the SAO is quickly becoming my favorite. I decided to buy the SAO Legion after being amazed at how well my new P226RX SAO Elite shot. They are both amazingly accurate and easy to shoot well. There is something about those single action SIGs!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.