SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Olight website and all the documentation shows it has a low battery (red) indicator on it. Mine has a rubber cover or insert where this indicator should be. What do you guys have?

Also, I have two and from full power one stays on (with laser on too) for about 4 minutes, the other for 4:45. What are you getting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine also does not have the low batt light. I’m not sure that is an issue for me. If it is I’ll see what their response is.
I just ran mine and it lasted 27 min, light and laser on. So yours has an issue. It would be interesting to hear how they treat you on a replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just fully charged it again and got 32:40 run time with light and laser. It had been sitting in my gun safe for a while on the last attempt. Not bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put a Baldr Mini on my P365XL couple weeks ago. Not liking the quick disco mount. Never could get it to mount solid, always has a little slop. Don't see the point of a quick disco on a light that recharges on the gun. It doesn't need to come off frequently. Would much prefer a smooth sided solid mount without the giant nub protruding fromt the qd lever. I wrote O-light about it, but they were clueless and there was a huge communication barrier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two. One on a P226 MK25 and one on a Glock 19. Both are mounted absolutely rock solid. Did you slide it back to snug it up against the trigger guard?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have two. One on a P226 MK25 and one on a Glock 19. Both are mounted absolutely rock solid. Did you slide it back to snug it up against the trigger guard?

Also, use the 1913 rail key if you can.

The Glock rail key will have slop on many other guns.

My CZ actually had Weaver rails... The 1913 won't work for me. So what I did thanks to a tip somebody gave me: push the mount forward into the rail while pushing The lower half back firm against the trigger guard. Create tension between the two, then close the clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Also, use the 1913 rail key if you can.

The Glock rail key will have slop on many other guns.

My CZ actually had Weaver rails... The 1913 won't work for me. So what I did thanks to a tip somebody gave me: push the mount forward into the rail while pushing The lower half back firm against the trigger guard. Create tension between the two, then close the clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep I did what you guys said, no help. Today at the range the lower portion of the light actually flew off the gun while I was shooting. The upper qd mount stayed on the gun. You could say I'm less than impressed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have two of those Baldr minis; I have one mounted on a P226R, the other on a P250. I’ve never had any problems with them and they are rock-solid.

Run times are about 27 to 28 minutes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have two of those Baldr minis; I have one mounted on a P226R, the other on a P250. I’ve never had any problems with them and they are rock-solid.

Run times are about 27 to 28 minutes.

I must have gotten a fake from Amazon. I never could get it mounted tight. I took it apart a few times to see if I could do something to get it tightened up. No help. Let me go snap a pic of the quick disco mount to show you all how this thing attaches to the gun. I think that will answer a lot of questions. We can compare if my defective one is the same as others.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pic dump of O-Light Baldr Mini QD mount system. I think I'll just let the pics speak for themselves except to say take a close look at how there are only the 3 teeth that grab and lock the light to the QD mount. The rest of the rail is smooth as shown in the pics below. Mine was never tight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Couple more pics of the Baldr. Look at that ridonkulously large QD lever hanging off the side. It made holstering a real joy. Last thing I have to say in hindsight about buying this light was thank God it was only a little over a hundred bucks wasted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts