SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Now that is a great looking P85. Those Ruger P Series guns are arguably some of the best pistols that Ruger ever produced. Despite some people's dislike, mainly due to looks, they are almost always excellent shooters, and personally, I like the ergonomics and the feel of them. I recently picked up a P90 myself, and it may be the best 45 I have ever owned.

I hope you enjoy that P85 thoroughly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that is a great looking P85. Those Ruger P Series guns are arguably some of the best pistols that Ruger ever produced. Despite some people's dislike, mainly due to looks, they are almost always excellent shooters, and personally, I like the ergonomics and the feel of them. I recently picked up a P90 myself, and it may be the best 45 I have ever owned.

I hope you enjoy that P85 thoroughly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I will thank you. After I have my fun with it I'm thinking about putting a mirror finish on it and passing it down to my oldest son.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Sirsigalot, congratulations on obtaining the Ruger, but unless I'm wrong, when you "Inherit" something, it's because someone has passed... if that's the case, sorry about the loss of your brother.

Enjoy it, and yes pass it on to your oldest, if he enjoys shooting!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Very Nice!

A P89 was the second auto loading pistol I ever owned. I still have it though it gets little use these days. It was described as a" brick with a trigger" in one review. It just keeps shooting regardless of what it is fed.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sirsigalot, congratulations on obtaining the Ruger, but unless I'm wrong, when you "Inherit" something, it's because someone has passed... if that's the case, sorry about the loss of your brother.

Enjoy it, and yes pass it on to your oldest, if he enjoys shooting!
LOL bad choice of words. It was given to me as a gift from my brother.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice. The ruger p series were good pistols. Me and my best friend each bought one when we were much younger. He got the p89 and I got the p90. There is a p89 for sale locally that I have been considering buying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.