SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,509 Posts
The ones like this, are likely "Pre-Ban", only because I bought these in the 1990 to 1994 time frame, before the initial "BAN"!

Post Ban, they were made without the recesses at the bottom.

Font Automotive tire Material property Auto part Metal

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ones like this, are likely "Pre-Ban", only because I bought these in the 1990 to 1994 time frame, before the initial "BAN"!

Post Ban, they were made without the recesses at the bottom.

View attachment 425688
Good info. These are quite a mix. All are 15 rounds except 2 (a 10 rounder and a 17 rounder). Black, silver, standard base plates and thicker ones. 10 are NIB and 8 used but in excellent shape. The backs aren’t zipper but some appear to be almost like 2 pieces connected. See photos:
Wood Gas Metal Cone Baseball bat

Automotive tire Wood Gas Wood stain Tints and shades

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,509 Posts
Good info. These are quite a mix. All are 15 rounds except 2 (a 10 rounder and a 17 rounder). Black, silver, standard base plates and thicker ones. 10 are NIB and 8 used but in excellent shape. The backs aren’t zipper but some appear to be almost like 2 pieces connected. See photos:
View attachment 425697
View attachment 425698
The "Dovetail" or "Zipper" backed magazines were made by Sauer & Sohn a part of Sig Sauer, Mec-Gar, an Italian manufacture was offering them commercially before they were contracted by Sig to supply magazines for them. Like I mentioned earlier, those with the "dimples" or recesses were all either Pre-Ban, or Ban Era, which the Ban Era would have been Restricted with the markings on the front of the magazine.

You definitely got a good deal, with most "New Old Stock" at a minimum. Places like Massachusetts that allow high capacity "Pre-Ban" magazines those likely would have brought the seller much more, if "Aftermarket" Pre-Ban magazines are also allowed.

Reactions: P220cop and AzMaz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts