SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while back I posted about changing my Sig Equinox from DA/SA to DAK. I got lots of don't do it responses. Here it is still in DA/SA.
Wood Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Tints and shades

But, I did find something better. Here is a Sig 229 Elite that was chambered in 40. It is now chambered in 357sig, has new night sights AND I converted it to DAK from DA/SA.
Font Metal Publication Motor vehicle Art

Finger Material property Gadget Font Electronic device

This is its first 50 rounds of 357sig at 34 feet. No bench or any rest.

Gesture Trigger Recreation Magenta Shooting

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
A little while back I posted about changing my Sig Equinox from DA/SA to DAK. I got lots of don't do it responses. Here it is still in DA/SA.
View attachment 478449

But, I did find something better. Here is a Sig 229 Elite that was chambered in 40. It is now chambered in 357sig, has new night sights AND I converted it to DAK from DA/SA.
View attachment 478450

View attachment 478451

View attachment 478452
View attachment 478449

View attachment 478450

View attachment 478451

View attachment 478452
That target is 50 rounds? If so…well done!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can one of you DAK lovers explain the benefits? I've heard how it works explained before and I don't understand the why.
You know what they say about opinions. But, here is mine. It provides a very light (as compared to the DA of a normal DA/SA gun) trigger pull. It is consistent and breaks clean.
For people like myself I find it provides alot of the benefits of a striker fire gun(yes the trigger is a little heavier but cleaner to pull as compared to say a Glock). Yet it also provides the benefit of the hammer fired gun. IE second strike capability, and safety. From all the years of training and carrying a hammer fired gun I instinctively put my thumb on the hammer when holstering a weapon. Thus having instant feedback if something isn't right.
There is my two big reasons I like it so much. Others can argue its one trigger pull to learn if you let the trigger reset all the way forward.

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
I had a DAK P229 9mm, a few years back, wasn't sure what I was doing and let her go ....:( If I saw her today, I'd snatch her right back up and figure her out :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Can one of you DAK lovers explain the benefits? I've heard how it works explained before and I don't understand the why.
I don't like DAK, but I can explain. DAK is intended to address a common operator error with DAO. The long travel of DAO is an advantage under stressful situations because it minimizes the chances of an accidental discharge. But the long reset of DAO is a disadvantage under stressful situations when the operator intends to continue shooting but fails to allow the trigger to come forward far enough to reset (short stroking the trigger). That's where DAK comes in. The trigger has two resets. The first is the standard reset where the trigger is allowed to come forward all the way (just like DAO). The second is the intermediate reset where the trigger is only allowed to come forward part of the way (almost like SA). The weapon can be fired from this position but it will be an even heavier trigger pull than from the full forward position. If the trigger is released past the intermediate reset, it will return to the full forward position on its own. The idea is to shoot DAK exactly like you would shoot DAO. But if you mess up by short stroking the trigger, the gun will still be able to fire as long as you have let the trigger travel to at least the intermediate reset point.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts